Trying to Live Light In Jacksonville

Options
I'm in Jacksonville FL and am in the race for a long run. I need to lose 97 pounds to get to a decent weight for myself. I've joined a work program that recommended this site for support, so here we go. Hey everyone.

Replies

• cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    Hey Jacksonville! I'm in Tampa (is your weather as awesome as ours right now???). This site is great, it's really helped me get control of my eating which is my biggest issue. I feel so empowered and am loving losing weight. I've lost 9 lbs. so far with 13 more to go and it will be hard but soooo worth it. Feel free to friend me for support. The people on here are friendly, supportive and there's a ton of knowledge when you have a question. I now spend more time here than Facebook!
  • nikki91950
    Options
    Hey you two! Welcome to the site! The Jacksonville part in the subject line caught my attention because I grew up in Ocala and have family in Jacksonville, and then I had to laugh at the 2nd post because I currently attend college in Tampa. The weather is definitely gorgeous down here right now! And oh yeah, I definitely spend more time on here than Facebook, too!
  • cardbucfan
    Options
    Which school? I'm leaving to go pick up my younger son from school then I'm heading to Bayshore for a walk/run and then I might pull weeds just to be outside!
  • nikki91950
    Options
    What's Bayshore? Never heard of it. I'm at USF :)
  • cardbucfan
    Options
    Bayshore Boulevard that runs along Tampa Bay. It's the longest continuous sidewalk. Runs from downtown to south of Gandy all along the bay. It's probably about 20 minutes from USF by car. When the weather is nice, it's packed with runners, walkers, dogs, bikes, roller bladers, etc. because the view is beautiful. Sometimes, you get dolphins!
  • nikki91950
    Options
    Oh snap. I need to check that out sometime!
  • cardbucfan
    Options
    If you are here next semester, grab some friends and head down to the Gasparilla pirate invasion parade. It's along Bayshore and it's WILD. It's Tampas version of Mardi Gras. The run/ walk was lovely yesterday but no dolphins :(
  • nikki91950
    Options
    Oh yeah, I've heard a lot about the Gasparilla event. That's not really my type of thing though :/
  • Jessifer123
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm living just north of Tampa. The weather is getting beautiful...good walking/jogging weather :smile: . And agreed i'm now on MFP waaaayyyyyy more than FB :tongue:
  • cardbucfan
    Options
    Yeah, the weather is so good I'm leaving the doors open. Unfortunately, I'm getting some visitors! Last night, GIANTTT roach came in and this morning it's a bee. Too much nature here! Off to walk the dog!
  • fsuxo2003
    Options
    I'm in Brunswick (hour north of Jacksonville).....but I'm from Jax, have family there and go there on more weekends than not during the month!

I also used to live in Tampa! haha......Bayshore is the BEST for running! I miss it :(
  • frankscott957
    Options
    Hi Jacksonville, Daytona Beach here. I talked to someone last week that used this site to lose 38 pounds. He said he has 5 more to lose, but I don't see where. I decided to give it a try and so far, it looks like it is really going to help me reach my goals. One thing that I have noticed is that you will have a lot of support here. Stay accountable and you will get there in no time. Good Luck