Recepe Ideas!!!

Options
Hey everyone...so i have lost 4 pounds since i started calorie counting.....but i am running out of ideas to make for supper and lunches that are low in calorie and fat! I need help....any suggestions?!?!?!?

Replies

• cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,428 Member
    Options
    check the recipe section-there are TONS of ideas. Also, I love the recipe calculator they have on here. Enter the ingredients for something you make and it will calculate the nutritional values per serving for you. Can be very eye-opening!
  • DancingDreamer
    Options
    the recipe section on here is good but if you cant find anything that tickles your fancy, there's always searching online. most recipe websites have an option to only search low calorie recipes on then (though i would watch out, some of them consider 400 calories per serving as low, while thats not HIGH per say, i wouldnt call it low either. though if you have the calories, go ahead! ^__^) also why not take some of your favorite high calorie recipes and see if you cant make them healthier? (like subbing leaner meats (if you eat meat), or using a sugar subsitute, or a lighter condiment, etc. it actually ends up being kind of fun to turn your old high calorie standbys into your new lower calorie standbys!)

good luck and i hope you find some recipes that make you happy! :bigsmile:
  • joleanrook
    Options
    I think you should start looking at other people's diaries. See what the ones who are really losing weight are eating. It really will give you some great ideas and you'll be able to tell at-a-glance by the calories whether you want to eat what they ate! Best of luck!

Ps. I eat 6-800 calories a day and I'm never hungry. Low cal doesn't mean you have to starve yourself.
    :happy:
  • JessicaJune
    JessicaJune Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    This simple and low fat marinade for boneless skinless chicken breast is one of my favorites. I made it up a few years ago and it never gets old.

1TBSP low sodium soy sauce
    1-2 TBSP (depending on how much of a "kick" you want) red pepper flakes
    1/4-1/2 cup low sugar apricot preserves.

Just marinade this with your chicken breasts for a few hours-few days and then bake for 45 minutes @ 450 degrees.

It's really yummy and also great on salads. :)

Jess
  • jerseygirl8676
    Options
    I would say lots of chicken breast (bone in or cutlets, no skin)..grilled or baked. No butter..we use only a small amount of olive oil and lots of veggies. We have been eating a lot of broccoli, spinach, zucchini, squash, bell peppers. If you like fish some grilled or broiled salmon , flounder or Tuna is great..cover in lemon and season and a tiny bit of olive oil and you are good to go.Grilled chicken over salad is good..use a bit of olive oil and some vinegar for dressing. Take ground chicken or turkey and make stuffed peppers. Pork tenderloin is also a great option. No salt,breads, pastas, white rice obviously, and cut back your dairy as much as possible. For snacks a handful of almonds or cashews are a great choice or an apple with natural peanut butter is great choice (even with natural look of rthe one with the lowest sodium) . The special K protein plus with skim milk is a good choice for breakfast or egg whites..i make ours with grape tomatoes and baby spinach (like an omelet).
    I know you said recipes, but i pretty much just wing it most days..
  • mooma05
    Options
    Hi...I go to kraftcanada.com
    they have alot of good ideas and have the amount of calories per meal...Its a great site... :)