Did you know...?

Options

Replies

• CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    A sunroof and moonroof are the same thing. No difference! I always thought a moonroof tilts open and a sunroof slides open. Wrong.

This is incorrect. The moonroof is when you give a sunroof a pressed ham.

Hahaha took me a minute, but I get it now.

I still don't get it. :ohwell:
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Did you know the loose skin on your elbow is called a weenus?

My brother and I used to call each other weenuses. I never knew.

Did you know...

Considering all the tissues and cells in your body, 25 million new cells are being produced each second. That's a little less than the population of Canada - every second !
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    A sunroof and moonroof are the same thing. No difference! I always thought a moonroof tilts open and a sunroof slides open. Wrong.

This is incorrect. The moonroof is when you give a sunroof a pressed ham.

Hahaha took me a minute, but I get it now.

I still don't get it. :ohwell:

Ham as in butt. Butt as in mooning ;) pressed ham! lol
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    Did you know...

Considering all the tissues and cells in your body, 25 million new cells are being produced each second. That's a little less than the population of Canada - every second !

Every 7 to 10 years your body has completely grown every cell. So you are like a whole new person! So, if you stop smoking cigarettes today you will not (so I heard) have any signs of past smoking in your body 7 to 10 years from now.
  • Strokingdiction
    Options
    Did you know...

Every 7 to 10 years your body has completely grown every cell. So you are like a whole new person! So, if you stop smoking cigarettes today you will not (so I heard) have any signs of past smoking in your body 7 to 10 years from now.

There are between 50 and 75 trillion cells in the body.... Each type of cell has its own life span, and when a human dies it may take hours or day before all the cells in the body die." (Forensic investigators take advantage of this vaguely morbid fact when determining the cause and time of death of homicide victims.)

Red blood cells live for about four months, while white blood cells live on average more than a year. Skin cells live about two or three weeks. Colon cells have it rough: They die off after about four days. Sperm cells have a life span of only about three days, while brain cells typically last an entire lifetime (neurons in the cerebral cortex, for example, are not replaced when they die).

--taken from livescience.com--
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    That the alphabet song has the same melody as twinkle-twinkle little star? I only recently discovered this. :blushing:
  • mommasboy3
    mommasboy3 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    What the Heck??????
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    tumblr_n45d10rieI1si5r80o1_500.png
  • mommasboy3
    mommasboy3 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Good one!
  • Strokingdiction
    Options
    It is well known that consuming asparagus makes your pee smell unusual but it's still not known exactly what causes the change.
  • KarissaA
    KarissaA Posts: 29 Member
    Options
  • KarissaA
    KarissaA Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mfhrb4eIZw1qkvbwso1_500.png

That would be a lot of damn fidgeting. :huh:

That is so me! I am constantly moving, unless I'm asleep. I can't NOT move when I'm awake.
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Did you know you can skydive without a parachute????

But only once!! :laugh:
  • Strokingdiction
    Options
    Two nights before he broke the sound barrier, Chuck Yeager fell off a horse breaking several ribs. He didn't tell anyone because he didn't want to be taken off the mission. He had a local veterinarian tape him up.
  • javacafe
    javacafe Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    did-you-know-demotivational-posters.jpg

I'm doing this to one of my kids tonight.

A very important piece of advice: Please make sure, very sure, that the kids are your own! ;-)
  • fr3smyl
    fr3smyl Posts: 1,418 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Did you know that hens have two ovaries but only the left one controls egg manufacture.
    If it is damaged the other one takes over, revs up the testosterone levels and changes the hen into a rooster.
  • GWehsling
    GWehsling Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    CurvyToFit wrote: »

I always thought a moon roof was a solid panel covering a translucent panel/pane while a sunroof was a translucent panel only, regardless of slide or tilt etc.
  • zipppee
    zipppee Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    fr3smyl wrote: »
    Did you know that hens have two ovaries but only the left one controls egg manufacture.
    If it is damaged the other one takes over, revs up the testosterone levels and changes the hen into a rooster.

Nature is amazing, innit?
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,832 Member
    Options
    Did you know that back in 1518 there was a month-long plague of inexplicable dancing in Strasbourg, in which hundreds of people danced for about a month for no apparent reason. Several of them danced themselves to death! It was called The Dance Fever. (true story)
  • fr3smyl
    fr3smyl Posts: 1,418 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Did you know only a minute group of people believed that the earth was flat during the time of Columbus. A majority of the people of the time did believe the earth was round.