NSV

Options
katielshelby
katielshelby Posts: 137 Member
Well, I am almost halfway through with my weight loss journey. I can't keep bragging about my most recent achievement so I wanted to share on the boards! I am officially in all of my old high school clothes!! I graduated from high school in 2011 and that wardrobe retired that year. Some of these jeans have been in a dresser for 3 years now! Up until this point I did not really notice the loss...but now it is becoming more apparent and it makes me that much more motivated. I really feel like this isn't happening...it's so surreal!

Obviously, since I have a lot more to lose, I was still overweight in high school...so I am starting to go into uncharted territory!! I have been overweight since I was in 4th grade. If I can do this -- anyone can!! :wink:

Replies

• palmerdanielle
    palmerdanielle Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Way to go, super proud of you!!
  • Shuuma
    Shuuma Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Clothing NSVs are my favorite! Our hard work becomes very apparent when clothes we used to wear and had retired suddenly fit. Well done!
  • katielshelby
    Options
    Thanks guys! Sometimes it really helps to have encouragement along the way...love the MFP community!!!
  • s_yeatts
    s_yeatts Posts: 753
    Options
    Ran into someone I used to work with and she was like "Girl, you've lost alot of wait and your waist is so tiny!" Best feeling ever!!
  • s_yeatts
    s_yeatts Posts: 753
    Options
    And congrats on yours as well! :)
  • kerricus
    kerricus Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I think I'm now the smallest I've been since I was in middle school. It's a great feeling, right?

I think I'll try on my hideous prom dress (c. 2001) when I visit my parents next. Here's hoping it's big.
  • sushidulces
    sushidulces Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    What a great feeling!!! Congrats! Pretty soon you will need smaller clothes :wink:

I graduated in 2004 and had gained 50 lbs after. I have since lost 63, so when I tried on my prom dress from '04 it was 2 sizes too BIG. Felt so awesome :smile:

Haha, I had written 'too small'. I need a nap, lol
  • katielshelby
    Options
    Yay! I love hearing all of this. My goal weight is also my middle school weight...haha isn't that so crazy to think about??
  • branbuds
    branbuds Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Yay! That is an encouraging NSV!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!