how do you stop eating when you are home alone?!?!

Options
2»

Replies

• saraharnoldnelson
    saraharnoldnelson Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I eat what I'm supposed to...in the kitchen/dining area...then I stay out of the kitchen.

Food stays in food areas. I stay out of food areas. Never the twain shall meet (until the morning, anyway.)

On days when this is tough for me, I actually go upstairs and stay there for the evening.
  • GertrudeHorse
    GertrudeHorse Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I eat what I'm supposed to...in the kitchen/dining area...then I stay out of the kitchen.

Food stays in food areas. I stay out of food areas. Never the twain shall meet (until the morning, anyway.)

On days when this is tough for me, I actually go upstairs and stay there for the evening.

This works. And when all else fails just go to bed. Even at 3pm :tongue:
  • Wtn_Gurl
    Wtn_Gurl Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    You have to have on hand food that you can eat. Also during the day dont let yourself get hungry. eat when hungry, but dont eat too much, just eat till you had enough, that way you wont end up starving and going nuts when you see food.
  • spoiledpuppies
    spoiledpuppies Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I follow the practice of "if I don't buy it, I can't eat it." So as long as I resist the temptation while at the grocery store, it's all smooth sailing. I do have a lot of treats in the house, but they are all things that I'm okay resisting. There are a few things that would be more challenging, so they are not available in my house. If I really wanted one of these treats, I'd have to go get it--and I haven't actually done that.