What do you order at the bar?

Options

Replies

• Corsetopia
    Corsetopia Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Vodka and cranberry juice

YES! This is a *great* drink .. and if you can get the sugar free cranberry juice .. mmmmmm

I still have yet to try this! But now I'm tempted..especially if I can get sugar free, yum.
  • positiveintention
    Options
    Tequila!
    New research has found that the tequila plant contains agavin, which helps lower blood glucose levels and produce a hormone called GLP-1 that keeps the stomach full longer and produces insulin.
  • littlebutlean
    littlebutlean Posts: 2,159 Member
    Options

YES! This is a *great* drink .. and if you can get the sugar free cranberry juice .. mmmmmm

I still have yet to try this! But now I'm tempted..especially if I can get sugar free, yum.

It's this one right here -> http://www.oceanspray.com/Products/Juices/By-Type/Diet/Diet-Cranberry-Juice-Drink.aspx

5 calories per 8oz .. ! I guess it's not sugar "free" but only 2g carbs per 8oz and you only need a few oz for a highball.. super good drink.
  • FoxBean
    FoxBean Posts: 910 Member
    Options

Simple and delicious :drinker:
  • laurabeth326
    laurabeth326 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I work at a brewery so it's usually delicious beer of any number of varieties, but Saisons are my favorite. If I'm at home with no beer then it's usually vodka and flavored seltzer. I also infuse my own vodka at home just to mix it up a bit.
  • Corsetopia
    Corsetopia Posts: 307 Member
    Options

It's this one right here -> http://www.oceanspray.com/Products/Juices/By-Type/Diet/Diet-Cranberry-Juice-Drink.aspx

5 calories per 8oz .. ! I guess it's not sugar "free" but only 2g carbs per 8oz and you only need a few oz for a highball.. super good drink.

Thanks! :heart: :drinker:
  • StreetBystander
    StreetBystander Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Long Island Iced Tea is generally my go to. I'm also a sucker for anything with Kraken rum.
  • dwm2112
    dwm2112 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I don't go to bars, they're too expensive. When drinking with friends, it's either Jack Daniels or wine.
  • lookin4gains
    lookin4gains Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    Knob Creek on the rocks.
  • laurabeth326
    laurabeth326 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Knob Creek on the rocks.

I've been known to go for this myself sometimes.
  • poliver319
    Options
    mmmm Knob Creek on the rocks :) thats always good, but lately its been Pinot noir
  • lookin4gains
    lookin4gains Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    Knob Creek on the rocks.

I've been known to go for this myself sometimes.

I actually wouldn't mind a glass right now. lol
  • JayStu
    JayStu Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    At the bar I go to I always get Appleton Estate Rum and ginger ale but at home it is Wiser's and diet ginger ale
  • elusive_design
    elusive_design Posts: 1,095 Member
    Options
    double Johnny Walker black, straight and possibly a Kilians Irish red
  • jackson7478
    jackson7478 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Jim Beam and Coke or a Miller High Life.
  • rowlandsw
    rowlandsw Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Black Velvet and coke.
  • yumbinkbugonrox
    yumbinkbugonrox Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I prefer to make my own drinks at home, so when I do....my favorites are:

Jim Beam and Diet Dr. Pepper
    Devil's Cut and Diet Dr. Pepper or Diet Coke
    RC and Crown Royal (can you get RC cola in a bar? I don't exactly frequent them)
    Cuba Libre

The older I've gotten, the more I grown to appreciate dark liquors. I don't drink much, though...lately, I'll have half a bottle of beer (just bc I can't finish it anymore!!)
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    When I'm at the bar I order 405 lbs, oh wait you mean like THAT kind of bar.

Guiness.. it's a pretty low cal beer.. if I decide to yolo I don't really care, but it usually involves jager / tequila.
  • Orion782
    Orion782 Posts: 391
    Options
    Bourbon, either neat or on a few large rocks depending on spirit proof.

Guinness, hard to go wrong there.

Regional/seasonal beers.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    Bourbon or Irish Whiskey on the rocks (yep, I like my whiskey sweet) and/or Pale Ale, IPA, ESB, Cider (like magners - I hate Angry whatever) and yes .. sometimes I just throw down a bunch of Bud Lights.

And when I'm on vacation .. something fruity, served in a coconut, with a mother****ing umbrella in it .