What are you getting used to

Options
sushidulces
sushidulces Posts: 69 Member
What adjustments have you had a hard time getting used to after your weight loss?

I had been an XL through most of my late teens/early 20's. I bought xl's even when I could probably have worn large. I got large yoga pants when I got really serious about exercising. Since then they are all too big. I made the plunge to trying on a medium (which I have never worn a medium in my adult life) and it fit.

Now I am having to get used to looking at "M" hangers and sections at clothing stores. It is so brand new to me! I find myself going to the Large/X-Large out of habit.

Replies

• tahneesummers88
    tahneesummers88 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    My god that sounds exhausting!! :-P lol

Congrats on the huge amount of weight loss. I can't wait to be going for the M's instead of the L/XL's!! To be able to fit into a size 12 instead of a 16/18... that will be a beautiful moment!! Good on you :-)
  • wertgirlfor
    wertgirlfor Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I'm getting used to the same thing as you lol. I always go to the XL section first, then realize I should actually look in the Medium section :P I'm also getting used to the idea that to other people, I'm no longer "chubby"
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    I totally get that, I used to shop in the Women's Plus dept and now I am in the Misses Petite dept.

My goal was to be a size 10/12 and now I am a 6/10-12 with almost 20 more pounds to go, I have never been this size as an adult.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I understand this very well. I have gone for the plus section since I was 15 or 16 years old and for so many years have immediately looked for size 22 pants/jeans and 2X or 3X tops. It is SO weird for me right now because I don't know if 12 or 14 will work in pants, and if I need L or XL ladies in shirts.

At least a dozen times now I have gone to stores with a big range of sizes (Marshalls, Macy's, Kohls, TJ Maxx) and gone straight for the plus size section and thought in the back of my head, "You are NOT that small YET you need plus still" only to gather up a armload of 1X tops and 14-16 pants that are WAY too big for me. It's a mindF*** and surreal!!!

I like it, but I'm not used to it at all. Not even a little bit. I never expect the L top and M pajamas and panties to be the right ft even when they are!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!