Summer clothes- shorts

Options
sshintaku
sshintaku Posts: 228 Member
I've always, always had a hard time with my booty and thighs. I'm a classic pear and have always had a small waist that is far superseded by the lower half. After about 4 solid months of work on my legs, I tried on a pair of shorts today. Short ones that wouldn't pass dress code at a high school. My legs looked pretty darn good in them! I feel like I've conquered such a milestone for myself, and it's also the inspiration I needed to push hard through that last little hump. I never thought it was possible for me to have legs I would like to show off.

Replies

• AllieBear88
    AllieBear88 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!
  • wertgirlfor
    wertgirlfor Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    congratulations!!
  • huneycutt13
    huneycutt13 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! As a pear shaped woman myself I know this is a big deal. Be proud of your hard work :)
  • sun_fish
    sun_fish Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    That's great! What a good feeling.
  • curvygirl77
    curvygirl77 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Congrats. I'm also so pear shaped (at least i think I am), and understand the issue with shorts. Congrats on your progress. Could you share your leg routine?
  • margannmks
    margannmks Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Good for you. I was walking on the beach last year wearing a sarong of course and passed another women wearing a sarong too, im thinking wouldnt it be cool to just rip this sarong off and scream ladies please lets embrace the thighs we have and show them even though we dont think there perfect, but of course i didnt. I realized that even when i was 17 and 115 lbs i hated my thighs, but that dosent stop me from doing the squats and lunges maybe this will be my year too.
  • dearcrumpet
    dearcrumpet Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! I have a big ol' Latin booty and thighs that I've been self-conscious of since forever.

I've never been confident wearing shorts for fear of the cellulite gracing my thighs.

I'm hoping my weight training will change that.

Thanks for the motivation!
  • MissMonicaC
    MissMonicaC Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Yay that is exciting. I love shorts, I find them cuter than skirts. Can't wait to rock some soon I hope lol
  • crazycatzlady
    Options
    This is very inspiring to me, since I have the same problem with my legs, I can't imagine them ever looking good, but you have inspired me! Hopefully it won't be long until I look good in a pair of shorts too! Grats on accomplishing this :)
  • grrrlwonder
    grrrlwonder Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That must feel amazing! I'm a pear, too, so I am familiar with shorts-shame. I'd love to hear your leg/butt workout, as well!
  • RachelRuns9
    RachelRuns9 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Awesome. I am so happy for you :) As a fellow pear I can relate, and I'm hoping to get into shorts this summer too!!
  • sshintaku
    Options
    I don't have access to weights, so I've been doing alternating days of hot yoga, running, and either 30DS or Daily Burn leg videos. Plus extra squats and stair climbers whenever I'm just standing around at work or whatever. My legs have been tired and minimally sore for the past month straight :D it's a good feeling though.
  • AlexPOD88
    AlexPOD88 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Congrats, that awesome! I'd love to feel comfortable wearing shorts!
  • lcantrell65
    lcantrell65 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    WTG!!!!! I work at a high school, and I am required to turn in people wearing short shorts, but I think you've earned the right to wear them!!! Have fun.
  • Eric_DeCastro
    Eric_DeCastro Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    good job.
  • sshintaku
    Options
    WTG!!!!! I work at a high school, and I am required to turn in people wearing short shorts, but I think you've earned the right to wear them!!! Have fun.
    Haha me too, and when I tried them on I immediately went "these aren't dress code!" :D
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Great NSV!!! I hope you feel proud of all of your hard work :-)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!