healthy crockpot meals?

Options
2»

Replies

• balvis3919
    balvis3919 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    cabbage, ground turkey and veggie soup!!! i made one at 102 calories a bowl once. last one was 126 per bowl cause i used a different brand of turkey.
  • jennbo83
    jennbo83 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I made a salsa chicken yesterday. I put 5 chicken breasts with enough salsa and a little water to cover the chicken and let it cook on low for 8 hours. when it was done I shredded the chicken and put it back in the crockpot so all the shredded pieces could get the flavoring of the salsa. Last night we put the chicken on a bead of lettuce and made a salad. Tonight we are going to make tacos out of it with some low cal whole grain tortillas. The chicken was way more then we will be able to eat. I probably would make less next time - I'm hoping it will freeze well. Tasted great though!
  • ladydy911
    ladydy911 Posts: 126 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I put something in the crock pot this morning. Fingers crossed it turns out good!

3 boneless skinless chicken breast
    1 can whole kernel corn drained
    1 can black beans drained and rinsed
    1 can pinto beans drained
    1 pack taco season
    1 jar thick and chunky salsa

Night before (but does not have to be done the night before, can be done when you put everything in the crock pot. I did it the night before for the flavors to mix)
    drain the canned corn and beans and put in a bowl with the taco season pack. Mix well, cover and put in the fridge.

Put a small layer of salsa in the bottom of the crock pot
    Add Chicken
    Add bean and corn mixture and spread even over chicken
    Pour remainder of salsa over the whole thing
    Cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.

When done, take chicken out and shred, then add back to crock pot and mix well.

I am serving over Jasmine Rice, but can be used over a salad, over any grain or rice, over pasta, in wheat wraps, or just with a fork.

I will probably top mine with my homemade guac but you can top with anything you like on a taco.
  • JCM1969
    JCM1969 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    ladydy911.. that is very close to what I have in my crockpot right now... except instead of the pinto beans I have a can of diced tomatoes. The kicker is to add half a block of red. fat cream cheese and let it melt right before serving.... I cant wait for dinner....
    Since tomatoes have less calories than beans, it probably balances out.
  • mbarton85
    mbarton85 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    bump!