Just couldn't cardio today :(

Options
I usually do cardio 4x a week for about 45 mins. I usually do really high level elliptical and do interval training on it. My heart rate goes up 180-184 when I'm on level 18 really going for it. Today my heart was going crazy at a low level like it was a really big effort so I had to stop and go sit down... I ate breakfast and I'm only 23 so can't think why! Could this happen of I'm simply just tired? Bit downhearted :(

Replies

• Skye1864
    Skye1864 Posts: 3
    Options
    I wouldn't worry too much, if you usually do high level cardio, it could be your body simply needs a break! Try doing a little of something when you feel better, but don't push yourself too hard!

You'll get back on track soon, keep going!
  • sarahmoo12
    sarahmoo12 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    never worry everyone has an off day and your body is just telling you it needs a rest, listen to it now and then kick *kitten* next time
  • Honeycat89
    Honeycat89 Posts: 149
    Options
    Thanks guys :) feel better now. Probably my body telling me it's a bank holiday haha x
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    what's your calorie intake like? It's not just breakfast that fuels your workout, but everything you ate the day before too. If you're undereating generally then a pre-workout meal won't fix that. Glycogen depeletion would have this effect (which would be due to eating too little).

if it's not that, it could be an infection (e.g. you're coming down with a cold or something... next couple of days will tell if that's the case or not)

if it's neither of those things and it keeps happening then maybe have a chat with your doctor.
  • Honeycat89
    Honeycat89 Posts: 149
    Options
    what's your calorie intake like? It's not just breakfast that fuels your workout, but everything you ate the day before too. If you're undereating generally then a pre-workout meal won't fix that. Glycogen depeletion would have this effect (which would be due to eating too little).

if it's not that, it could be an infection (e.g. you're coming down with a cold or something... next couple of days will tell if that's the case or not)

if it's neither of those things and it keeps happening then maybe have a chat with your doctor.

I usualy eat around 2100-2300 cals a day and eat back up to 100% of my burnt calories as I'm maintaining and lifting. I didn't my usual calorie intake yday because I was SO busy at work so I guess it could be that my body wasn't used to working out on a lower calorie intake! Thanks :)
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Body probably just needed rest. Sometimes it happens to all of us; if it persists, see a Doctor to make sure everything is OK but once, don't sweat it.
  • lLionMindl
    lLionMindl Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    its most likely just a random occurrence
    if it keeps happening go see a doctor.
  • JojoEffeckt164
    JojoEffeckt164 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    once when I went running I suddenly became sick. I almost throw up and had to stop after about 10 minutes.... I was excited and exhausted that day. It didn´t happen again. So don´t worry too much for now :-) :flowerforyou: