Carb Countin

lyndora1975
lyndora1975 Posts: 18
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
Hello mfp, I just came back from my endocrinologist, and I was informed that I must go on the insulin pump. Also, I need to learn carb counting. Any suggestions for a diet plan that takes carb counting into consideration. I also am a little discourage because the doctors scale didnt say what I wanted. Even though it was the end of the day, and I am on my cycle, I still cant shake that number!!!, help me please. I am walking on a average of 3-4 miles a day, 6 days a week, but I think it is all in my carbs. I am a diabetic so I know its harder for me to lose weight!

Replies

• happinessblossoms
    happinessblossoms Posts: 375 Member
    You can set your Food Diary to show carbs and on your Home page you can go to Goals and adjust to Custom to change the amount of carbs your doctor says you can have per day. You don't necessarily have to be on a certain diet to count carbs. Just change the foods you eat to what your allotment is.
  • Are you a diabetic? I am type two diabetes. I have gained about 20 pounds this year and have been having ice cream, hot dogs, and klondike bars.. My blood pressure is up for the first time in my life. I am on medicine for it now. Hope to change my eating habits. The calculator helps. My dietician gave me a plant based diet, but I get hungry and go off the plan. Then I go for the ice cream. Trying to figure out how tostop it. My doctor said not to have ice cream in the house. So does the dietician. Haven't been to the gym or pool lately either. Need to really start getting healthy. Been reading a book by Alicia Silverstone on becoming a vegetarian. It is called The Kind Diet. It is pretty good. Also a book called The Stress Cure about stress eating. Got them both at the library, didn't cost anything. I also go to weightwatchers, but Ilike this new website, it ia a real eye opener on how I am eating. I like the calculator. I like the way it projects what your weight will be if you keep eating the same way. My son told me about it.
  • glittersoul
    glittersoul Posts: 666 Member
    Are you a diabetic? I am type two diabetes. I have gained about 20 pounds this year and have been having ice cream, hot dogs, and klondike bars.. My blood pressure is up for the first time in my life. I am on medicine for it now. Hope to change my eating habits. The calculator helps. My dietician gave me a plant based diet, but I get hungry and go off the plan. Then I go for the ice cream. Trying to figure out how tostop it. My doctor said not to have ice cream in the house. So does the dietician. Haven't been to the gym or pool lately either. Need to really start getting healthy. Been reading a book by Alicia Silverstone on becoming a vegetarian. It is called The Kind Diet. It is pretty good. Also a book called The Stress Cure about stress eating. Got them both at the library, didn't cost anything. I also go to weightwatchers, but Ilike this new website, it ia a real eye opener on how I am eating. I like the calculator. I like the way it projects what your weight will be if you keep eating the same way. My son told me about it.

Have you tried eating nuts to help curb your hunger? Also any type of bean and thing of that nature will help too because of the fiber/protein in them.
This discussion has been closed.