Help I love butter!!!

Options
kaymd
kaymd Posts: 470 Member
I used to use margarine on everything then I switched to butter and I have been hooked ever since! I use it on my toast and veggies I don't add it on any of my noodles anymore but I was wondering if anyone has any good alternative that tastes just like butter and without all those calories?

Replies

• saragriggs
    Options
    The 'I can't believe it's not butter' spray is what I use. I think it takes pretty similiar to margarine, and its zero calories.
  • jmmtaylor
    jmmtaylor Posts: 225
    Options
    Real butter helps you absorb nutrients from the veggies and stuff you eat it on....at least that's what I have been told. I have never had it, but a TBSP of I can't believe it's not butter light has half the calories of butter...
  • Lithuria
    Lithuria Posts: 132
    Options
    Although real butter is animal fat and high in calories, is it more naturally nutritious than margerine, which can often include hydrogenated fats etc which aren't particularly any healthier for your body!

If I were you I'd stick with butter, but limit how much I use. There will be days when you struggle to meet your calorie count for whatever reason, and having some buttery toast will bring it back into line. It can count as some of your dairy for the day.
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    I love butter too. :) And I eat it... in moderation Usually, I substitute olive oil for butter in cooking recipes and even cut that in half when I can... but there are some things that you just have to have butter for (toast, grilled cheese sandwiches, baking...). I have learned to save the butter for when I really feel like I need it and to use it sparingly. I totally agree that butter is better for you than margarine. Also... get unsalted butter and save on some sodium as well.
  • Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I use the Kraft spray but it is about the same.
  • sjd2010
    sjd2010 Posts: 106
    Options
    My husband and I use Butter Buds. It takes exactly like butter, with no cals!:flowerforyou:
  • sbilyeu75
    sbilyeu75 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I like butter too, and I eat it. But I don't go hog wild on the stuff.
  • LuckySue333
    Options
    I use I can't believe its butter... But there is butter buds to in a pack you can use to put on top of things like vegs, sweet potatoes etc... But I even got my grandchildren into eating spray butter on rolls and bake potatoes and such... They love it...
  • janna674
    janna674 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    The 'I can't believe it's not butter' spray is what I use. I think it takes pretty similiar to margarine, and its zero calories.

i love spray butter on every thing! :heart: :love: :heart: :love:
  • silhouettes
    silhouettes Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I don't know, but I'm a little grossed out by butter since I seen my husband watching the last weeks eposide of Weeds and they were having a butter sculpture eating contest... I couldn't even butter my toast this morning, I thought I was going to be sick...

Hey it worked to turn me away, it might you, who knows?
  • jahanbin
    Options
    Ohh my I used to be the same,...!!

Definately go with Parkay spray..... or I cant believe its not butter... I like the parkay spray more it has the buttery taste MMM mmm!

Good luck and let me know how it goes...
  • michelearnold
    Options
    I haven't tried the butter buds...but I have tried both Parkay and I can't believe it's not butter sprays.....I can't believe it's not butter spray tastes wayyyyyyy better than the parkay and it sprays on at a much wider volume per spray so you don't have to use as much. But you have to be careful with that ...it says it has no calories....but anything over 25 sprays and it starts to add calories. I think it is 20 calories per teaspoon.
  • azlady7
    azlady7 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I use fleishmann's (sp?) with olive oil. its 60 cals per tbls which is 40 cals less than butter. but then again I hardly ever use any butter or margarine with anything.
  • kaymd
    kaymd Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Thank you everybody. Tomorrow is grocery shopping day so I will have to check all of your suggestions out.
  • tacticalhippie
    tacticalhippie Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    +1 for moderation

i used to use butter on/for/with everything.
    i think it's better and more natural.

after a while of cutting back, i have got to where i don't use it anymore.