HELP! Pain In Shoulder During Pushups!!!

Options
Everytime I go down for each pushup, my left shoulder hurts. When I go back up and rest, it's fine. It's just when I put the strain on it. Can anyone help me?

It even hurts when I try to do counter pushups, when I just lean on the counter with my hands and do pushups. It's more low impact.

Replies

• xoalyssaox
    Options
    My wrist hurts when I do push ups.. I wish I could help, but hope someone else can!!
  • cakefarm
    Options
    It sounds like bursitis. http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/bursitis/DS00032

How often are you doing them? Are you recovering between days? You should stop for a bit until the pain subsides. Do you have problems with planks? If not, do those instead until your shoulder is healed.
  • rdaubenmire
    Options
    If the pain doesn't subside with rest, then you should go see a physical therapist. Most states you can see a physical therapist without a doctors order. They can evaluate your shoulder and figure out whats going on with it and teach you what to avoid and what exercises are safe to do. Typically the longer you wait to get help, the longer it takes to get better.

To find a local PT in your area, go to www.apta.org.
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    I actually know what Bursitis is. lol I studied it in class last week. I have probably only done them like 3 times in one month, cuz it hurt my shoulder every time I tried.
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    bump