Calories burned in 30 day shred

Options
hello-
I just started the 30 day shred tonight. I typically run for cardio, but due to the days of heavy rain we have had in upstate NY- and approaching winter- I am trying to do indoor workouts. How do u record the 30 day shred? I would like to get an estimate of the calories, because I am only set at 1200 calories a day & I count on those earned back exercise calories to make it thru the day sometimes. Thanks for any input :)

Replies

• AkBUTLER
    AkBUTLER Posts: 107
    Options
    I do level two and burn around 285 calories. It doesnt burn much but I still love the workout.
  • melsdonuts
    melsdonuts Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    hello-
    I just started the 30 day shred tonight. I typically run for cardio, but due to the days of heavy rain we have had in upstate NY- and approaching winter- I am trying to do indoor workouts. How do u record the 30 day shred? I would like to get an estimate of the calories, because I am only set at 1200 calories a day & I count on those earned back exercise calories to make it thru the day sometimes. Thanks for any input :)
  • melsdonuts
    melsdonuts Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am not familiar with the 30 day shred and am looking for an indoor workout as well. Can you give me some info on it please?
  • AkBUTLER
    AkBUTLER Posts: 107
    Options
    Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shreds involves a mix of cardio and strength training. There are three levels with level 1 for beginners and each level progressively gets harder. The workout is 20 minutes and a great workout at that.
  • 6Janelle13
    6Janelle13 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    i log mine as general circut training for the level 1. i love the work out! I have yet to move past level one but my body is getting better every time i do it. i also love my high step since i can do it in place during my favorite shows or use it in a full work out with the dvd
  • ysaidpie
    Options
    The level 1 kicked my butt :) I like it though because there isn't moves that I can't do. Some workout videos have complicated moves that my uncoordinated self spends more time figuring out how to do, rather than actually doing. I am glad I started this workout & funny that just when I wanted to slow down Jillian says, "I know this hurts, don't shut off this DVD now! I have 400lb people doing these moves!" so then I kept going. I can't wait to get to level 2! Thanks albutler & cvmagnolia. I will check out general circuit training & see what I get as an estimate. Melsdonuts- I heard about this DVD from other members here on mfp & although it's only day 1 of 30 for me- I am happy with my purchase of this DVD (only $12.99 at Best Buy!)
  • muth3rluvx2
    muth3rluvx2 Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    circuit training and there should be a "shred 1" entrance. But yeah - around 285-325 (weight/intensity variations).
  • mizfit
    mizfit Posts: 118
    Options
    The best thing to do if you want an accurate reading is to get a heart rate monitor. I have one and they are fantastic because they will give you your accurate amount of calories burned for any exercise you do. They will also give you a reading of your heart rate throughout the workout so you know if you have to slow down or kick it up a notch to hit your targer heart rate zone.
    Each time you work out with the video the amount of calories burned won't be the same because your intensity will vary day to day even with the same workout routine.
    Polar is the most popular brand. I have timex with the chest strap and it works very well. If you decide to get one don't go cheap because you get what you pay for if you buy a cheap brand. They are well worth the money.