Hawaii?

Options
2»

Replies

• Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    This is for a honeymoon, it's not until NEXT summer (09) but its never too early to plan. :wink:

I appreciate all the suggestions, the resort we were looking at is "Turtle Bay Resort" which I thought looked quite isolated, anyone ever heard of it? It has golf courses, tennis courts, 5 restaurants, surf lessons, a huge spa, horseback riding and miles and miles of beach...

www.turtlebayresort.com

We aren't looking to stay in a "city" but we dont want to be completely isolated either... I'm definitely going to look some more into Maui though... it's just tough, the above resort looks and sounds AMAZING :drinker:

Just looked at your link, you're right, it does look amazing. No matter where you end up, you're gonna gave a great time!! How can you go wrong sitting on a beach?? (happy sigh)

When we were there (10 years ago) it didn't cost a whole lot to island hop, but with gas prices now...who knows?? :flowerforyou:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Thanks yenn, I am looking up some Maui resorts and havn't found one that looks even nearly as amazing as turtle bay! And they are about 1-2000 more too! I think Turtle Bay is still my top choice, and thanks I will see that movie to get a better Idea! I didn't know it was filmed there!
  • pmd14
    pmd14 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if you are interested but I did a cruise of the islands and it was wonde!!! t was 7 days and we stopped at all the islands. This way we got a taste of them all. Have fun
  • yenn
    yenn Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    beware of the full-frontal *(and waaaay too much of it) in the movie !!! But yes, it's like an infomercial for Turtle Bay.

If you do go to Maui, IMHO the best place IS Wailea but prohibitively expensive ... the Four Seasons KeaLani, the Grand Wailea, that stretch is awesome but like $800 a night ugh. Problem is that in the Northern beaches get windy and cloudy when Wailea/Kihei is sunny. I go to Kihei condos when I go there !! Do that your next trip when it's not a honeymoon. No one wants to shop at Costco and cook on a honeymoon !!
  • barracudamuscle
    barracudamuscle Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Sorry I took so long to respond, I spaced going into my posts section. I am absolutely in love with Lahina! Kihei is a fun little town to spend the day too. Go check out the Iao Needle, very cool scenic place to go see. The road to Hana is a LONG twisty road that will take you honestly about 8 hours to fully enjoy/relax. The roads really narrow in many places causing traffic jams but at the end of your efforts go find Red Sand Beach! It is a highly unknown place to go and really easy to find!

My fiance and I are actually going there for our honeymoon ( we met in maui, go figure honeymooners paradise both being single?!? ) Were staying at the resortquest kannapali. Its kinda like a condo place but near all our daily stuff like Moose Mcgillicuttys, which has $1 Mai Tais for happy hour. Man I remember getting all the people I was with tanked and only dropping $75, wow that was a night to remember!:drinker:

I wsh I knew how to upload pics in this thread but I dont think its possible. You can't fail in y honest opinion, Ive been to all the islands you can goto in hawaii and my favorite one is Maui, Yea I'm more biased because thats where I met my lover but even withot that its great!
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I went to Maui with my aunt and uncle. They wanted to have a romantic trip AND take the kids, so during the day we were together and at night I babysat so they could go out. Yes, it was an awesome deal!

Anyway, I watched the two little ones one day while the rest of the family took a island-hopper flight to see Pearl Harbor. They said it was really interesting, but I don't know if it would be a downer for a honeymoon. Depends if you are into historical things.