Quit smoking7 months, now to lose extra weight!

Options
kymarai
kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
I found MFP while looking for motivation for my friend and I. We both joined. She had lost and gained over the years and was looking to get back on track. I had quit smoking in March and was looking to keep weight down. We barely got started logging on this site and supporting each other (we live in different states) when she was killed in a car accident. Somehow I have managed to not start smoking again, but have found the weight creeping on. I found MFP again and am keeping track of what I eat as well as the exercise. Since I just started it is interesting to see how many calories I do eat in a day and the relationship to exercise. I will keep checking in. Thanks for the great topics and support.

Replies

• tiffanygil
    tiffanygil Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    So sorry for you loss....but yes MFP is incredible!
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    First off..sorry to hear about your loss. Second CONGRATS on ditching smokes. Were all here to help ya and join you in your journey. Welcome aboard
  • davebarron
    Options
    Ouch! Sorry to hear about your friend - that's really tough.

I quit smoking a couple of years ago and I remember how difficult it was and how much I ate. Good for you for doing something about it!
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for support. I plan on losing 20-25 lbs. Not much by some standards, but I am feeling it. I can appreciate the struggles that everyone is going through! Keep up the good work! Really like this site!