I cannot believe I just did that.

Options
I just ate half a block of orange filled chocolate I didn't even register i was doing it until it was too late. I feel horrible and it's too late to do a workout that will even come close to burning it and I can't believe I did that. any motivational words or support or even advice? I'm so upset I want to cry. I can already feel my double chin coming back.

Replies

• mebepiglet123
    mebepiglet123 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Could be worse... You could have eaten the whole block... Don't worry, you may find it won't even register on the scales. Did you log it... Log it so you can see if it did make a difference, in the weeks to come.
    How many calories are you on a day?
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Learn from it, forget about it and carry on with your day. One block of chocolate wont un do your work look at the big picture. Also the reasons behind it. As you don't seem to log you cant actually tell if your actually eating enough my suggestion would be to actually log your food that will give you the bigger picture.

Good luck
  • SunKissed1989
    SunKissed1989 Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    My advice - forget about it and move on. You had a moment of weakness, we all have them. I have them quite frequently - I just finished a carton of (reduced fat) thick cream, not much calorie wise, but not the best decision I've made.

One cake/chocolate bar/plate of chips/pizza won't make you fat just like eating a salad won't make you skinny overnight :smile:
  • WVmom24
    WVmom24 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Live and learn...one thoughtless binge won't make or break you.
  • HaraldurB
    HaraldurB Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Don´t worry. Slip ups happen to everyone. The best thing to do is to log it in your diary and move one. Just keep staying on track and you´ll be fine.
  • damcoole
    damcoole Posts: 12
    Options
    I don't want this to sound harsh, but take responsibility for it. None of this, "I didn't realize I was doing it until it was too late." stuff. You did realize it, you aren't a weird zombie, you just chose not to stop because it tasted good. I have done the same thing, usually with some form of potato/nacho chips.

Until I took responsibility for my actions, I kept doing it and sabotaging myself. There is no secret to fixing it, you just have to make the decision not to do stuff like that anymore. The first step I would recommend is not having things that tempt you like that around. Availability is one of the biggest temptations you can face.
  • PhearlessPhreaks
    PhearlessPhreaks Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Log it and move on. But seriously, log it. Log EVERY. SINGLE. FOOD. that passes between your lips. It's the only way to actually see what is going on with one's eating. Yeah, you know you overdid it, but do you know by how much in terms of calories (or, as you're tracking, kilojoules)? How many calories, fat, sugars, sodium, etc... did you ingest? Logging accurately is so very important!
  • BobbiTracey
    Options
    I don't want this to sound harsh, but take responsibility for it. None of this, "I didn't realize I was doing it until it was too late." stuff. You did realize it, you aren't a weird zombie, you just chose not to stop because it tasted good. I have done the same thing, usually with some form of potato/nacho chips.

Until I took responsibility for my actions, I kept doing it and sabotaging myself. There is no secret to fixing it, you just have to make the decision not to do stuff like that anymore. The first step I would recommend is not having things that tempt you like that around. Availability is one of the biggest temptations you can face.

This is fantastic! Good to know someone is bold enough to speak the truth! :)
    Losing weight is all about being honest with yourself because if you aren't the only person you are hurting is yourself.
    Forget that half block of chocolate, log it and move on. Tomorrow is a new day :)
  • rgf95
    rgf95 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options
    Getting control is not an event. It is a process - an adventure. The challenges will keep coming and you will succeed frequently and fail occasionally. Feeling horrible about the flaws only makes them central to your thoughts and process. Learn and move ahead!
  • velveture
    velveture Posts: 16
    Options
    definitely took responsibility for it because I got lost in the taste, and it's very very rare that I ever binge, before tonight I haven't binged in over 6 months now. that's why I'm so shocked it's happened, I've never really liked chocolate anyway, that's why I'm so baffled.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options

I don't agree that you necessarily do it because it tastes good. Occasionally I do exactly the dame thing and I'm not even actually enjoying the food.

Have a read of the book- Eating Less by Gillian Riley. You can get it as an ebook from Amazon so you can't get it now. It's all about taking control if mindless eating.
  • velveture
    velveture Posts: 16
    Options
    thank you all so much for the support everyone I can't tell you how much I appreciate it, your words of motivation and advice are helping me get through this. I know it doesn't sound like a big deal, but it is to me, and I take it very harshly.
    but you are all helping me deal and take responsibility for my appalling actions.
    I am utterly grateful.
  • kk_140
    kk_140 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    thank you all so much for the support everyone I can't tell you how much I appreciate it, your words of motivation and advice are helping me get through this. I know it doesn't sound like a big deal, but it is to me, and I take it very harshly.
    but you are all helping me deal and take responsibility for my appalling actions.
    I am utterly grateful.

Well I wouldn't call eating a handful of chocolate appalling! But I understand it feels appalling to you right now. Just log it and remember this feeling when you go to do it again!
  • Super_Amy
    Super_Amy Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Log it so you can see the red and move on. It was a delicious hiccup in your diet.
  • damcoole
    damcoole Posts: 12
    Options

I don't agree that you necessarily do it because it tastes good. Occasionally I do exactly the dame thing and I'm not even actually enjoying the food.

I can definitely agree with that in general, but in the specific case of chocolate, I have to assume taste was a definite motivating factor. :smile:
  • K8Fit
    K8Fit Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I think you need to figure out why it happened. Is it physiological or psychological? Were you hungry? Angry? Tired? Lonely? Or stressed? http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/features/snack-attack-coping-with-cravings
  • Steff46
    Steff46 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should add small amounts of dark chocolate to your diet. I keep snack size minis around for tough cravings. Keep posting your food and don't beat yourself up.
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    The beauty of calorie logging?

You get a clean slate everyday.
  • Lonestar5775
    Lonestar5775 Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Message me and I will give you my address to which you can ship all future chocolate temptations for safe disposal :-)
  • justmytype
    justmytype Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    The beauty of calorie logging?

You get a clean slate everyday.

This is what I love about MFP! Each day is a new day to try, try again. It's a learning process for all of us. Don't beat yourself up over it. Each time we slip up, we learn something that helps us to succeed a little bit more in the future.