KFC Double Down

Options

Replies

• Cathalain
    Cathalain Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I've heard megatons about this. Honestly, this wouldn't be too awful for diabetics, as there's no bread involved (but for the coating on the chicken, which can't be that much). The only thing I'd be hesitant about is the fat grams (waaaay too much for my macros) and the sodium is outrageous (but then all fast food is like that). Protein hit is GREAT, though.

Honestly? I might make some space to try this out this weekend. It's really only a little bit more than I usually have for lunch and if I do a good, hard workout that night it'll be just fine.

I don't think it's as bad as a lot of people are saying. If you want something that's truly horrible, go to the Heart Attack Grill in Vegas. Now THAT is awful. I nearly got sick just watching people through the windows.
  • Cathalain
    Cathalain Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    It's just one of those things that keeps MyFitnessPal in business. Don't see anyone rushing to market the new celery-lettuce wrap concoction, with less than 10 calories in it.

I hold the double down up there with the Hamburger that has two Krispy Kreme doughnuts for a bun, I will never EVER want them. If I was to eat it then that'd just be me proving to the world that I deserve to be forever-fat. And by eating those things a person has no excuse for being obese. Oh and fried butter sticks...I mean WTH world? "Huge obesity problem, that's ok, eat this stick of butter coated in corn flakes and flash fried, you'll feel better about yourself with that in your stomach, it's not like we're making you eat it, nobody is holding a gun to your head."

If you think a 600-calorie meal makes people "forever fat" then I feel sorry for you.

^^ THIS.
  • Tiernan1212
    Tiernan1212 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    It's just one of those things that keeps MyFitnessPal in business. Don't see anyone rushing to market the new celery-lettuce wrap concoction, with less than 10 calories in it.

I hold the double down up there with the Hamburger that has two Krispy Kreme doughnuts for a bun, I will never EVER want them. If I was to eat it then that'd just be me proving to the world that I deserve to be forever-fat. And by eating those things a person has no excuse for being obese. Oh and fried butter sticks...I mean WTH world? "Huge obesity problem, that's ok, eat this stick of butter coated in corn flakes and flash fried, you'll feel better about yourself with that in your stomach, it's not like we're making you eat it, nobody is holding a gun to your head."

If you think a 600-calorie meal makes people "forever fat" then I feel sorry for you.

+1

Plus, MFP does not exist just for people losing weight. There are plenty of people here for other reasons.
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    I don't like KFC's breading and such, but I've made double chicken breast sandwiches and it's a solid idea. And 610 calories is hardly notable. If you like KFC, seems like a fairly good choice in terms of macros.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options

+1

Plus, MFP does not exist just for people losing weight. There are plenty of people here for other reasons.

+2 but even for those that are here for weight loss eating this double down will not hinder weight loss if you are in a deficit... See ticker below..... :drinker:
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Uh, no. The Double Down is not processed/chopped+formed chicken like a McNugget. It's whole chicken breast, battered and fried.

It's the same chicken breasts they use on their regular chicken sandwiches.

Sounds better.

I found a picture online. It looks gorgeous!

doubledown_hdr1.jpg
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

That doesn't even sound like food. Less than ten calories is more like chewing gum.
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    :devil: Yummmmm I have to admit I am intrigued! good protein! Maybe after a good lifting session I will have one of these bad boys and wash it down with a Miller Lite
  • calbadger
    calbadger Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I won;t try it. I love fried chicken (and enjoy Popeye's), but KFC doesn't have enough flavor and is too greasy (and I'm on a low-carb diet mind you). I think they cut costs by using too much breading. I'll pass. But for those would enjoy this type of thing, enjoy your type of thing.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I won;t try it. I love fried chicken (and enjoy Popeye's), but KFC doesn't have enough flavor and is too greasy (and I'm on a low-carb diet mind you). I think they cut costs by using too much breading. I'll pass. But for those would enjoy this type of thing, enjoy your type of thing.

I don't really eat KFC. I'm a Popeye's guy.

That said, the Double Down is great. KFC's chicken patties are pretty good and have a good meat:breading ratio. It is unquestionably greasy though, and produces a stomach heaviness that rivals any meal I've ever had (even at 4x the calories).

kfc-doubledown12.jpg
  • desimia1
    desimia1 Posts: 60
    Options
    The KFC Double Down is AMAZEBALLS! However, Too much time on the treadmill to burn off one of those babies !!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    kfc-doubledown4.jpg

Double Down

610 Calories
    Nutrition Facts
    Serving Size 1 serving (248 g)
    Per Serving % Daily Value*

Calories 610

Calories from Fat 333

Total Fat 37g 57%

Saturated Fat 11g 55%

Cholesterol 150mg 50%

Sodium 1880mg 78%

Potassium 0mg 0%

Carbohydrates 18g 6%

Dietary Fiber 1g 4%

Sugars 1g

Protein 52g
    Vitamin A 0% · Vitamin C 0%
    Calcium 0% · Iron 0%

Looks amazing! And the macros aren't that bad!
  • Broderick50
    Broderick50 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    The double down is an awesome sandwhich. I've had one before and it lived up to the hype not sure I'll get one again this time around but who knows.
  • jonnythan
    Options
    The KFC Double Down is AMAZEBALLS! However, Too much time on the treadmill to burn off one of those babies !!

Treadmill? Psh.

I burn that many calories by sleeping for 7 hours.
  • bciloveme2014
    bciloveme2014 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Sounds and looks yummy. I don't eat a lot of fast food, but this chicken sandwich I am going to have it one of those workout days.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options

They cut costs by using skanky little pieces of chicken.
  • desimia1
    Options

Treadmill? Psh.

LOL ! Now thats Talent!
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Anyone else hear about KFC bringing this beast of a "sandwich" back for a limited time? Who else is going to have a day or two where you figure out how to fit the calories? :bigsmile:

:noway: Not me!
  • jonnythan
    Options

Treadmill? Psh.

LOL ! Now thats Talent!

You do too, you know. Even in a coma your body burns thousands of calories a day.
  • desimia1
    Options
    I had no idea! Pretty awesome!