Sugar and Leptin's......Thoughts Please

Options
_KitKat_
_KitKat_ Posts: 1,066 Member
So I found this article http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2012/05/26/sugar-affects-leptin-signals.aspx

I am not sure my opinion on it, I have been reading some on leptin's and I came across this. Personally I am not a clean eater, no issue with those that are. I believe numbers in vs numbers out.

I do not limit my sugar in anyway but I never drink soda or colored drinks. I drink coffee w/ 1 1/2 tsp. sugar, water and 1% milk. I normally never add sugar to any food and I normally do not prefer sweets. Over all I do probably consume less sugar than the average person though.

I want all opinions on this, does this seem valid to you or is it just the next excuse; like "stavation mode"?

Replies

• QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    I automatically take anything Mercola says with a HUGE grain of salt. He is a psuedoscience pusher and has many strange ideas about nutrition that have no basis in reality.

There are MANY things that effect leptin signals. He is just jumping on this latest bandwagon of fear mongering sugar.
  • _KitKat_
    _KitKat_ Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I automatically take anything Mercola says with a HUGE grain of salt. He is a psuedoscience pusher and has many strange ideas about nutrition that have no basis in reality.

There are MANY things that effect leptin signals. He is just jumping on this latest bandwagon of fear mongering sugar.

I don't know much about the guy, I keep seeing sugar with leptin mentioned often. I am a reasonably healthy eater and figure for myself if I limit intake and become more active, I can get back to my old fit self. Just wish it was as easy as it used to be :sad:
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

I don't know much about the guy, I keep seeing sugar with leptin mentioned often. I am a reasonably healthy eater and figure for myself if I limit intake and become more active, I can get back to my old fit self. Just wish it was as easy as it used to be :sad:

Yeah. It really isn't that complicated. It can be difficult, but you don't need to worry about any demon nutrients or anything, especially at this stage of the game.

Mercola is an absolute quack. Ignore everything Mercola ever says.