I HATE eggs!!

Options
any other good healthy ideas for breakfast?? I normally do a protein shake at about 7 am.. around 10 i have greek yogurt.. Just looking for some other options :)

Thanks!

Replies

• _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options
    do you have food you normally like for lunch and dinner?

just eat that...
  • notsorrymrsjackson
    Options
    Very true.. never thought of it that way.. i get stuck in "breakfast food at breakfast time". #mindblown :)
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Try a salad for breakfast. I know it sounds weird, but it's full of the good stuff, fiber, and is hydrating. Might make you reconsider salads as a breakfast food :)

I also love overnight oats of all kinds, fruit, bean and rice burritos, etc.
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Banana....oatmeal, 100 cal muffin
  • JBfoodforlife
    JBfoodforlife Posts: 1,371 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal, milk and fruit... You can cut up the fruit and add it to the oatmeal if its too bland for you...
  • Ysmir
    Ysmir Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    Fruit
    Cheese
    Greek Yogurt
    LOVE me some oatmeal
    Whole wheat toast with peanut butter and banana slices *nom nom*

Of course.... I also love eggs.
  • nicolez1211
    Options
    There are lots of other options that aren't egg related at all:

English muffin with peanut butter and apple slices
    Fruit salad and string cheese or laughing cow
    Whole wheat tortilla with a half-cup each of cooked black beans and sliced, roasted peppers, along with a sprinkling of shredded cheese, salsa and chopped cilantro
    Smashed avocado, goat cheese, and honey on toast
    Overnight oatmeal--mix plain oatmeal with your favorite yogurt and let sit in the fridge overnight. It's delicious!

Enjoy!!
  • notsorrymrsjackson
    Options
    There are lots of other options that aren't egg related at all:

English muffin with peanut butter and apple slices
    Fruit salad and string cheese or laughing cow
    Whole wheat tortilla with a half-cup each of cooked black beans and sliced, roasted peppers, along with a sprinkling of shredded cheese, salsa and chopped cilantro
    Smashed avocado, goat cheese, and honey on toast
    Overnight oatmeal--mix plain oatmeal with your favorite yogurt and let sit in the fridge overnight. It's delicious!

Enjoy!!

These all make me really happy!! lol
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    The idea of eating salad for breakfast makes me want to just throw in the towel on life.
  • notsorrymrsjackson
    Options
    ^ lol
  • aeb09
    aeb09 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I hated eggs my entire life as well. I'm still not an egg enthusiast (I have only mastered omelettes and scrambles) but I found if I sauteed and then mix in lots of spinach and some mushrooms and cheese to two scrambled eggs, I really enjoy eating them. Perhaps if you include some add-ins you could eat them, though I know there are certain foods some people just absolutely cannot eat (raw tomatoes for me).

Toasted English muffin with peanut butter and a side of sliced strawberries or topped with a sliced banana, oatmeal with berries and/or granola mixed in, breakfast quesadilla with a whole wheat tortilla, crumbled sausage or bacon, cheese and avocado or leftovers from the night before are some other ideas.
  • ValeriePlz
    ValeriePlz Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt, banana, and cinnamon
    Homemade oatmeal bars
    Larabars
    Mug cakes
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Bacon, sausage, fruit...
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Pancakes with ginger spread, fruit, sausage, bacon, waffles, last night's leftovers.
  • MelsAuntie
    Options
    I hated eggs my entire life as well. I'm still not an egg enthusiast (I have only mastered omelettes and scrambles) but I found if I sauteed and then mix in lots of spinach and some mushrooms and cheese to two scrambled eggs, I really enjoy eating them. Perhaps if you include some add-ins you could eat them, though I know there are certain foods some people just absolutely cannot eat (raw tomatoes for me).

Toasted English muffin with peanut butter and a side of sliced strawberries or topped with a sliced banana, oatmeal with berries and/or granola mixed in, breakfast quesadilla with a whole wheat tortilla, crumbled sausage or bacon, cheese and avocado or leftovers from the night before are some other ideas.

I agree chicken eggs can be boring, especially if not free-range. Duck eggs have a much richer flavor, and our ducks eat duck chow, oyster shell, grit, leftover salad greens, grass, insects, slugs, snails, mosquito larvae, and mice. More varied diet = better tasting eggs.
  • YorriaRaine
    YorriaRaine Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Homeade protein pancakes, has egg in it but doesn't taste like eggs. Depending on how you make it, its almost perfectly balanced between carbs, protein and fat. =3

The list goes on and on, just because something is labeled as breakfeast food doesn't mean thats the only thing you can eat for breakfeast.
  • renegadegeek
    renegadegeek Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have chickens, so it's hard to imagine not eating eggs, but even I can't handle them every day! I like to make hot cereals with quinoa or millet (cook them basically like oats). My kids love when I make a stevia-sweetened brown rice pudding from leftovers. If I think to make extra baked potatoes the night before, hash browns are super easy. I also like to make "trail mix" muffins -- just your basic muffin recipe with your favorite trail mix thrown in. Super hearty and portable.
  • maz504
    maz504 Posts: 450
    Options

I agree chicken eggs can be boring, especially if not free-range. Duck eggs have a much richer flavor, and our ducks eat duck chow, oyster shell, grit, leftover salad greens, grass, insects, slugs, snails, mosquito larvae, and mice. More varied diet = better tasting eggs.

Ducks eat mice?!?!?!?! *mind blown*
  • MelsAuntie
    Options
    Ducks eat mice with a carnivorous ferocity not seen since the velociraptors in "Jurassic Park". We'll clean out the duckhouse, unearth a mouse nest behind the boards, and the ducks line up waiting for baby mice thrown to them or adult mice trying to escape. They will swish big mice in water and juggle them to swallow head first, to make it easier, since they cannot chew. And they'll grab mice right out of each others' bills.
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    I used to always do a toasted high-fiber english muffin, add ham and cheese, nuke just long enough to melt cheese. Kind of a faux egg mcmuffin without the egg. I pretty much ate it every single day for a couple years so I burned myself out on it, lol, otherwise I'd still be doing it. Yummy.