WHY WEIGHT DOESN"T MATTER THAT MUCH (with pics!)

Options
Ok you guys, I just wanted to share some photos that show that weight really doesn't matter that much. This top picture of me was from last summer at 142 lbs. The next picture of me is more recent--at 156 lbs. yup. that's how much I weigh (last time I weighed myself.) I pretty much look the same except more shapely . I started lifting a lot more and heavier inbetween when these photos were taken. Just goes to show you that weight. doesn't. matter. Just workout, lift some weights, eat right, and ROCK the shape you were born with. Will I ever be skinny? no! Do I want to be skinny? Hell to the no! I'm curvy and want all those curves to be firm, heavy muscle!

2di3lok.jpg

28s3qqd.jpg

and again....here at 142

2m4ew02.jpg

and here at 156 (about to go ride my road bike so I'm in biking clothes...)

2q1s8q1.jpg

I'm actually a little embarrassed about my weight, because i'm so heavy, but I think doing a success story and being honest about my weight is good for me. Muscle is heavy, so when you work out 6 days a week like I do, weight doesn't matter very much.

Replies

• jstout365
    jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
    Options
    The only people who know what you weigh are you and who ever you tell or is standing right behind you when you are on the scale. If you look fit, people are less likely to assume that you weigh what you do.

Awesome work btw!
  • la_vie_est_belle_
    la_vie_est_belle_ Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    The only people who know what you weigh are you and who ever you tell or is standing right behind you when you are on the scale. If you look fit, people are less likely to assume that you weigh what you do.

Awesome work btw!

thank you!!!
  • vms4evr
    vms4evr Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    HOT !

Need I say more ;-)
  • spicy618
    spicy618 Posts: 2,117 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • BigCed77024
    BigCed77024 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    You look great at both 156 and 142!
  • butterbear1980
    butterbear1980 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! As a fellow lady weight lifter I really appreciate women being honest about what they weigh; how tall are you?
  • la_vie_est_belle_
    la_vie_est_belle_ Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    5 foot 4 inches.
  • 540BamaBabe
    540BamaBabe Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    So many people needed to read/see that - thanks for the reminder that weight just like age is only a number! Keep up the great work girlie!
  • LC608
    LC608 Posts: 21
    Options
    Thank you for posting this! I am 121lbs and 5'6 and you look waaaaayyyy healthier and much more fit than myself. Very inspiring! I hope I can one day forgo what it reads on the scale and focus entirely on the way I look and feel too. Keep up this amazing work. Hot bod!! ;)
  • butterbear1980
    butterbear1980 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    5 foot 4 inches.
    I'm 5'3" and am currently at 140 size 4. I lift heavy, have a physical job, and thought 125 was a reasonable goal but my husband is like and where is that 15 lbs. Going to come from? Thank you so much for posting you real weight! Super helpful for me to see 125 isn't the ultimate goal!
  • Fitfully_me
    Fitfully_me Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Insert thumbs up smiley here.
    Thanks for posting this beautiful reminder. Whatever number is on that scale you look FABULOUS at it.
    So 140something, 150something, another.something... doesn't matter that much, just like you said. :drinker:
  • JessieSky
    JessieSky Posts: 79
    Options
    You look amazing! I don't think you have a thing to be embarrassed about! & you're quite right, weight itself isn't necessarily a good judge...now if only someone would tell my brilliant family doctor this -_-.
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    This is really awesome. I am also 5'4", and am currently at the lightest weight I can remember being...180ish. It's hard to know how much further I need to go when I've never been thin or fit before. Can I ask what size clothing you wear? I also lift heavy, and don't care what the scale says, but it can difficult to set a deficit if you don't have any idea at all of how much weight you have left to lose.
  • KeepGoingKylene
    KeepGoingKylene Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!! Love this post! You look great! :drinker:
  • Squamation
    Squamation Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Amen!

And don't be embarrassed about your weight- be proud that you're an example that overall fitness is the goal and not a number on the scale.
  • lkilton
    lkilton Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I agree with two of the other posters--You look great at both weights--And you also are Hot!! Great work!!
  • lavendy17
    lavendy17 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I don't know... I still can't shake my desire to weight in the low 120's. I am 5"2 at 134 and rising (was 129). I lift weights progressively, started in February, and since have seen my weight climb fast. But I didn't eat right. I am trying to control that and see what happens. My body hasn't changed for the better except some shoulder definition. I actually look bigger in photos.
    Good for you, but I think I still want to drop some lbs...
  • cuinboston2014
    cuinboston2014 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    Awesome post!! Thank you so much :) I've been struggling with this myself. I'm 5'10" and 180 and trying to determine what a "goal weight" should really be for me as I already have a healthy body fat, I just want to be lean and strong. It kind of puts things into persepective.

You look amazing and thank you so much for sharing!!

Oh and not only does nobody else know what you weigh, unless you tell them, but that also gives you a pinch more calories to have :)
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thanks for sharing! I actually wear the same size now that I did when I was at my lowest weight which was 14lbs less than I do now... so I know what you mean! Hoping this is the same case with me now that I lift and I won't have so far to go afterall! :) Great job!
  • glitterellabella
    Options
    You look great and have done amazing. I'm new and am trying to lose and tone. I love my curves and don't want to lose them, I mainly want to be healthy. Your story is awesome.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!