What's the best way to recover from a splurge???

Options
2»

Replies

• Zekela
    Zekela Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Ha... expect to eat over your calories when eating out.. no troubles... Just log it and leave it alone... don't fret over it. Start again tomorrow.
  • sshintaku
    sshintaku Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Splurges can actually be good for you. I remember once I went out with my dad had a hearty three course meal with a great red wine and bread and butter pudding for desert. I got on the scales in the morning to observe the devastation.

I had lost a pound.

I honestly couldn't stifle a small giggle. I don't suggest eating like that every day. But I think the occasional splurge every now and then is good for resetting your bodies metabolic weight loss brakes.
    Haha I did that once too. Sometimes blow outs help get the metabolism going or something. Obviously not every day or every weekend, and often high sodium food always hurts, but still, not the end of the world.
  • fireytiger
    fireytiger Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Just pick yourself up, brush yourself off, and move on. I had a major binge moment on Monday night (my first one in a couple months), and ate double the amount of calories I should have eaten in the day. Next morning, I got up and went right back to eating right and keeping track of my calories. It did do a little damage in that I gained some water weight from all the sodium, but it's Friday now and i'm back to where I was pre-splurge. I may not net a loss this week, but oh well. :) Good luck!
  • Wtn_Gurl
    Wtn_Gurl Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Hi - I'm guessing that food you ate had a lot of salt, so drink a lot of water to flush it out, it may take a few days to get back to normal, but it will. so just go back to eating the way you know you should/want to, and just wait it out till your body gets rid of it. Just start again today and learn from your experience that food doesn't work for you. Thats all .
  • iBMikey
    iBMikey Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I spread this phrase a lot. "One bad meal will not make you fat, just like one healthy meal will not make you skinny."

Forget it and move on. No sense on dwelling what can not be changed.
  • caligirltant
    Options
    I go over on weekends and then just make it up by sticking to a few lower calories on weekdays and two weekdays do so much cardio /spin classes etc. That I can eat whatever I want (healthy) few times. Believe me if you ride your bike 15 miles to your favorite place to eat son a weekend day and ride back 15 you can eat a tonand wake up skinny. LOL
  • Jmccune78
    Jmccune78 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this post. I have only faithfully been tracking my food for about a week and just learned the hard way that I should have checked calories BEFORE I ate the pizza... I don't want it to get the better of me. Learning and moving on.
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    You can forget it ever happened and start fresh the next day or

Count it into your weekly calorie goal and workout a little extra to burn the calories off. 650 isn't that much to burn off in 1 or 2 intense workouts.

For BMR try these sites...

http://iifym.com/bmr-calculator/

http://www.fat2fittools.com/tools/

http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

They will give you your BMR and also tell you how much you should be eating.