New member here, with over 100 pounds to lose, looking for e

Options
Hey all, I'm Jenny, 33 years old have have about 150 that I need to shed. I live in New Hampshire and work in Boston. Looking for that extra motivation and support to help me on this long journey.

Replies

• ErrataCorrige
    ErrataCorrige Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Good luck, Jenny! I have seen people do amazing things on this site. Stick to it and it will do great things for you! Add me if you need some frineds to keep your motivation up.
  • Ubiguchi
    Options
    Hey Jenny, you've come to the right place then as MFP is an excellent motivator.

I've been a member for a few weeks and I'm now losing the right amount of weight at the right speed, so I really hope you find it works as well for you.

Ditto to adding me if you're after some MFP friends.

Good luck.
  • FitnessChefJime
    FitnessChefJime Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Jenny welcome aboard you are at the right place... Good Luck on your journey !!
  • LLP1225
    LLP1225 Posts: 21
    Options
    You can do this. We will be here to help you. Good luck on the journey. Just remember that there are times that you will want to give up, but do this for you! Looking at your picture, you are a beutiful person and I am sure that a little support from us here on MFP will go a long ways. Here's to a healthier life!
  • trace1388
    Options
    I was using another app but found this one about 10 days ago. It is by far the best I have found and I love that you can also participate online. I have found it to be very helpful and have found some support from folks on here. That little boost makes the difference. Feel free to add me if you'd like!! Best of luck :->
  • Bermudabarbie
    Bermudabarbie Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    You should do great here at MFP. This is a welcoming, supportive group of dieters from all over. It's a great community and we are all here helping each other with ideas and encouragement. Please add me as a new friend. Barbie
  • pandalady8
    pandalady8 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi Jenny! I'm in a similar boat (trying to lose about 150 pounds). This site is a great resource and reminder when things get tough, as they inevitably do. But people on here are wonderful! If you'd like some support, feel free to add me and I'll help however I can!
  • rokikio
    rokikio Posts: 92
    Options
    Welcome Jenny:
    You are in the right place. The people on this site are so positive, encouraging, and helpful. You can do this!
  • katzpawz
    katzpawz Posts: 754
    Options
    Welcome to all that I haven't "met" before.

There is already a group that you might like to check out: Need to lose 100 lbs. or more? Lets start a group! - part 2.

This is a very supportive and non-judgemental group. We're all in the same boat with the amount of weight we need to lose.

Check it out, would love to see you all there!

katzpawz:happy:
  • bjralls
    Options
    Hi! Good luck on your journey! I am in the same boat as you. I am 32 (33 in December) and want/need to lose over 100 pounds. That will still put me in the overweight category but at least I would be a lot healthier and happier. A co-worker told me about this site and I have been faithfully logging on for a month now. For the first time in a long time I am actually motivated to lose weight and actually stick with it. From your pictures you look like you have a great fun personality! :-)
  • naguilar210
    Options
    Hey there doll,
    You've come to the right place for motivation and support!
    I've recently lost 90 pounds (10 pounds with myfitnesspal).
    My goal is to lose 10 MORE!
    My starting weight was 271, and its currently 181, feels amazing to be able to go into a store and not have to try any clothes on, and also to order clothes online knowing that they will FIT!
    If I can do this, I know anyone can!!!!
    Takes lots of dedication, lifestyle changes, and hard work!
    I know you can do this!
    Good luck!!!!
  • jenjust6
    Options
    Hi Jenny! I also want to lose 100 lbs, 110 really, and I just started a week and a half ago. Would love to buddy up to encourage one another! Add me if you'd like, this site is GREAT and I check in to log my food several times a day. WELCOME!!!!
  • JosephTucker
    Options
    You can do it, just stick to this site, lots good things. Stay strong and exercise!!
  • cynhow
    cynhow Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    You are definitely not alone. I've got 125 to lose...again. I lost sight of myself somewhere along the way. My advice would be that you can do it - put yourself first and be ready to work on you because you're worth it!

1845009.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • jarynt
    jarynt Posts: 5
    Options
    Good Luck! Alot of us are in the same boat.. Health journey to you!