Fitness Bracelets?

Options
2»

Replies

• aeribus
    aeribus Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    My wife got me a fitbit flex for father's day last year from my son. Within the first 5 or 6 months, the lights on the display started burning out to the point where I only had about two and a half working lights. The wrist band also started cracking within the first couple of months from having to remove the actual fitbit to charge it. The wrist band eventually snapped into two pieces, fortunately, since I had that issue and the issue with the lights I fitbit sent me a new one in a couple of days. Fitbits are really only able to track the amount of walking that you do so any type of activity that doesn't involve running, walking, or jogging probably won't be tracked. Fortunately, you can add any additional workouts into the web app for complete tracking.

The two biggest complaints that I've had is that it is pretty poor at tracking steps. I've been connected to my fitbit with my phone while walking and it randomly stops counting the steps that I'm taking. Sometimes it will compensate and add the steps into the count and sometimes it won't. The other issue is that it almost always counts steps that you don't take. There is an option which should compensate if you're wearing the flex on your dominant wrist or not, but even that seems to be a little off. I've had random instances where my fitbit would record 700-800 steps within a short time frame and I wasn't walking.

While fitbit is supposed to be able to sync with MFP, it seems that anytime one of the two updates their software you lose that ability. Anything that I've added within the past 10 days would sync to fitbit from MFP but MFP has not been recording any activity time that I've performed while wearing my fitbit. It seems like I've had to re connect the fitbit software to my MFP account quite a bit within the past couple of months.

I pretty much use mine as an alarm clock these days.