New to the Site and need to lose 30 pounds!!!

Options
Need to lose about 30 pounds. Renewing Vows in 6 months and really want to drop some weight before then. Any tips would help. Especially for ways to trim the midsection.
2415202.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Replies

• daj150
    daj150 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    First off, grats for joining up! 30 lbs is a nice goal. I recommend planning how you want to change your current lifestyle to adapt to a new and healthier lifestyle. Once you have that figured out, the pounds will start dropping. Remember, what you eat makes the most impact, but you don't have to necessarily stop eating everything you love. Using MFP will help you control portion sizes and adjust accordingly. Good luck!
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! You've found a great place to reach your goal. Good luck!!
  • kimdoes
    kimdoes Posts: 90
    Options
    Welcome to the site & good luck! I can't give you tips on how to lose in the midsection... That is really the reason I checked this topic- hoping someone had a secret! haha I just started myself, but have lost 13 lbs in 8 days. I have made a change in my eating habits and have added in a little exercise. Nothing too drastic. I can't tell a huge difference since I've lost the 13 lbs except that I dont constantly feel bloated and like "stacked fat". Without being bloated, the midsection looks and feels SO much better! The biggest changes I've made are no fried foods & no soda. I've cut my portions down as well and started walking. I was a BIG eater and always on the run... guilty of eating lots of fast food. I also stay away from that mess! You can do this! Congratulations on renewing your vows and best of luck to you!! :) Feel free to add me if you like.
  • Exitstageleft
    Options
    You cannot target weight-loss. Trimming a mid-section is all about counting the calories. Just be diligent about entering in your foods and don't go over your daily caloric allotment.
    Exercise 30min 5 days a week.
    Good luck.