Fixed and Variable Macros Question

First, yes I do have the java script that allows to enter grams. Is there a way with that (or without) to fix my protein and fat, and only allow my carbs to be variable (i.e increase/decrease based on activity levels). -- if I input exercise and it increases my daily cals, I would prefer to have only my daily carbs go up, not all three.

With the java script mod I know you can select to push remaining calories into a certain macro, but this is only available in the goal setup, and it appears MFP still uses percentages for all three macros as you add or subtract exercise activity.

Thanks

Replies

• The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    MFP won't let you do this if you are counting your exercise calories. You will be stuck mentally doing it if you choose this way, which is what I do.

Your other option is to use the TDEE method, where your exercise calories are already accounted for and you either do not log your exercise you or log exercise for reference only and put them as 1 calorie burned (I see many people on my FL do this).
  • Ok. That's what I figured. I probably will just do the mental math vs. my TDEE average as I like to feed myself differently on on vs. off days. Thanks for your reply.