Help Me Move to the Next Step!

Options
So it's taken me awhile, 2 1/2 years be down 30 pounds. I'm pretty excited about the loss, but I still have about 5 pounds to go. These pounds seem to be stuck to me like glue! I'm pretty close to maintenance, there's a bit of tummy and love handle fat that needs to go first (and yes I do realize you can't spot reduce) but once that's gone what I'd like to look into is getting more definition on my abs and maybe a bit more muscle on my arms.

I should also mention that I'm 5'7" and 134 pounds currently.

Currently my weekly exercise looks like this....

Sunday - Rest day (Maybe a 5k jog)
Monday - 50 minutes of Warrior Kickboxing (MMA conditioning at the end)
Tuesday - Either a 30 minute bike ride, walk or jog
Wednesday- 50 minutes of Warrior Fitness (this is high intensity interval training, which includes strength training)
Thursday- 2 hours of Martial arts
Friday - 50 Minutes of Warrior Fitness
Saturday - 60 minutes of Warrior Kickboxing and 60 minute hike in the conservation area

My food diary is open and this is what I have it set to. I try to not eat back my calories, but the past few weeks have been dicey.

Net Calories Consumed* / Day 1,600 cal/day
Carbs / Day 160.0 g
Fat / Day 53.0 g
Protein / Day 120.0 g

In the upcoming weeks I will be adding at least an extra hour of jogging or bike riding (My Chocolate lab gets exercise through both of these)

I'm not willing to cut out any of my cardio classes or my martial arts classes. I love doing them and don't want to stop.

I am more than willing to fix my diet if that's what it takes and add on to my current exercise plan. I have been a bit sloppy with my eating the past few weeks.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Here's what I look like now. Please don't mind the bruises, they're from martial arts.

WP_20140418_003.jpg

WP_20140418_001.jpg

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Not sure what help you want when you have said you refuse to change your exercise routine? There's no mention of food or calories for anyone to comment on?
  • kristendeyell
    kristendeyell Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    My diary is open, and I didn't say I refuse to change my routine, I said I don't want to change my classes but I would be more than willing to add to what I have.
  • _KitKat_
    _KitKat_ Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    You may not actually need to lose 5 lbs. you may be happier with body composition. This group "Eat, Train, Progress." is great and the 2 that run it are just as great. Check out Sarauk2sf success thread, her results are amazing and I use her as inspiration.
  • kristendeyell
    Options
    Thanks, I joined that group when I first started MFP, but I never did check them out. lol I'll have to go and look!
  • kristendeyell
    Options
    bump