Birthday Dinner Tomorrow Challenge

Options
vs_shine
vs_shine Posts: 1,322 Member
omg! Challenge ahead! my girlfriend is having her birthday party at The Old Spaghetti Factory! and absolutely nothing healthy is on the menu! i would like to have a glass of white wine though :-D
Advice please!

http://www.osf.com/dinner-menu

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I get their spinach ravioli - under 500 calories and yummy.
  • vs_shine
    Options
    awesome! thanks! i was looking at that one!
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    The issue most likely is PORTION when it comes to pasta joints. Consider ordering a big salad with your meal, order whatever meal you want and ask them nicely to box half of it (doggie bag) for later. If you do this and drink plenty of water as you go, I'm sure you'll be fine. Have a good time..
  • 4aces61
    4aces61 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    You're 7lbs away from your goal. I'd say at this point, it won't kill you to enjoy yourself. Just remember the key is moderation. have fun!!!
  • vs_shine
    Options
    oh, right! yes, lots of water and i will definitely box half.... I wonder if i could say "use no butter, please" too
    and wow ! you guys are doing so good on your weight loss! congrats! thanks for all the advice!
  • imawatermelon
    Options
    I would say get the house salad, 280 calories or a bowel of clam chowder, 320 calories. Of all the pasta dishes, spaghetti with marinara is your best bet containing 560 calories. Considering the fact yo are only 7 ponds away from your goal i think it's fair you splurge a little, just done get carried away. Hope I helped!
  • ChaplainHeavin
    ChaplainHeavin Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    omg! Challenge ahead! my girlfriend is having her birthday party at The Old Spaghetti Factory! and absolutely nothing healthy is on the menu! i would like to have a glass of white wine though :-D
    Advice please!

http://www.osf.com/dinner-menu

Enjoy. I remember the Spaghetti Factory when I lived in Colorado. Enjoy.
  • apple_cakes
    apple_cakes Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Celebrate with her and order something delicious! You've made soooo much progress you deserve the biggest cheesiest most calorific pasta dish available, live a little! Worrying about a few dinners out isn't going to do you any favours :)