How Long

Options
2»

Replies

• wriri7_x
    wriri7_x Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I started mfp last year in April and did not get into the healthy mindset till December. My husband loves fast food and i used to say to myself 'oh well i'll start tommorow while scoffing unhealthy food. But something hit me in December, i didn't want to be fat and from then i've never looked back. However to prevent from eating unhealthy everday i have a cheat meal once a week.

That's what I'm hoping will happen. If I have a bad day at work (and I work 13/14 hrs a day) my fiance will think he is being sweet by going and getting me cookies. It is sweet...and appreciated. Sadly, I don't have that will power to say "no" yet soooo....

Also don't restrict yourself from anything, eat a cookie if you want and fit it into your calorie goal. I found that by restricting myself from one food made me want to eat unhealthy all day, I now eat chocolate , crisps, cake when I want but in small portions and in moderation.
  • eelamme
    eelamme Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Awesome responses from all y'all!!! Keep it going!
    And THANK YOU!
  • linkirving
    linkirving Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    It took me 3 weeks to get a good eating routine. About 5 weeks to get a sustainable exercise routine. I still have room to improve with exercise, but at least I'm doing it now.

ETA: Before, I was eating like a king. So 3 weeks to go from at LEAST 3,500 - 4,000 calories per day to being very comfortable at 1,430(and sometimes less) per day.
  • GardenGirlie
    GardenGirlie Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Once I joined MFP, which was 667 days ago, I logged everything, completely changed my eating habits, and never looked back.

Replace 667 with 288 and everything else stated is the same for me.
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    How long did it take you to get into the habit of eating healthy and the like? Where it was more or less an everyday thing and not a 2 days good, 3 days bad ordeal?

Day one for me, that was 681 days ago. It was an everyday thing. I decided I was not going to fool around this time, had my mindset where it needed to be and haven't looked back.

Am not saying I'm eating "healthy" per se, but am weighing/measuring/logging what I eat and staying under my calories on a daily basis. I've learned portion control, moderation and there really isn't any food I'm not eating. I plan my meals ahead of time, fit in the fast food or junk food or whatever food I'm having that day, I don't believe in depriving myself and I don't have cheat days or cheat meals (I work what I want into the food plan).

You have to find what works for you & that you can stick to till you get where you want to be.
  • MizMimi111
    MizMimi111 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Still working on it. Some days/weeks are better than others.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!