Shakeology, What are your thoughts?

Options
I have a friend that has been using the Shakeology shakes for a good bit now, and she just recently signed up for coach status with beachbody. She's telling me all about it and everything they have done for her, and how much she loves them. Just curious what others think of them.

Replies

• Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Some folk like them. Some folks don't - I've never tried them..

If she's telling you all about them, she's probably lining you up for her first sale.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    This is one of those topics where you should just search the boards for older threads. There are many.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    There are countless other posts re: Shakeology, just use the search feature.

But since you asked, She's telling me all about it and everything they have done for her, and how much she loves them, you would probably telling all your friends the same thing if you signed on the sell an overpriced and largely ineffective magic potion poweder.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options

But since you asked, She's telling me all about it and everything they have done for her, and how much she loves them, you would probably telling all your friends the same thing if you signed on the sell an overpriced and largely ineffective magic potion poweder.

^Don't hate unless you have tried it.

OP: I drank the chocolate vegan Shakeology for 3 months. Loved it. I have Crohn's disease and during the 3 months I drank Shakeology, I didn't have to take any of my prescription drugs for my stomach. Unfortunately after 3 months, it began making me very nauseous so I stopped using it.
  • cmglass10
    cmglass10 Posts: 31
    Options
    Well when I searched shakeology I mainly found people worried about the cost of it. I'm not to concerned with that. I'm concerned with now they have actually worked for other people, or do they actually like them. And she told me months ago when she started using them, and has just mentioned them here and there along the way up until now. This is the first time she's actually given me any "full" information on the product .
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    YWAJg.gif

It's an overpriced shake powder. No benefit, other than it makes your wallet lighter.
  • FancyPantsFran
    FancyPantsFran Posts: 3,687 Member
    Options
    They are expensive but I like them. I use them once in a while especially when I'm not that hungry for breakfast but know I need something.
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Can you achieve the same results for less work at lower cost, sure. But being part of a multi-level marketing scheme is its own reward.
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    There's nothing special about them. They are a waste of money. They aren't magic or anything special.

They dont "work" any differently than any other food. Eat at a deficit, find foods you enjoy, find an exercise you like. If you don't care about wasting money than do it. I'm sure your friend would be thrilled to make money off of you. Or. .. you could just read this and learn sustainable habits for you know, forever.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Ridiculous money pit. Real food works jut as well, tastes better, and is cheaper.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    I would rather spend my money on real food.......... :drinker:
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Shakeology, What are your thoughts?

fzznrk.jpg
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    You can achieve the same results (or better) without Shakeology or any other supplement/meal replacement.

It's all about what you find most sustainable. I'm a big advocate for learning how to eat and exercise in a way that you can happily maintain for the rest of your life. I guess if Shakeology helps you do that, have at it.

:smile:
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I think it is a waste of money.
  • cmglass10
    cmglass10 Posts: 31
    Options
    Look people, that are just basically blasting at me for wasting my money, or that the whole marketing thing is this or that. I haven't made my decision on whether or not I will go with it or not. I'm going to take my time thinking everything over. Price, active ingredients, ect. I asked a simple question seeing if people that used the shakes actually liked them or not. Didn't want smart *kitten* comments attempting to make my thread a joke. Sorry to those who have apparently seen this topic one to many times, But when I originally searched the topic, all I saw mainly was people concerned about the price. I'm not concerned about that at the moment, like I said, I am still thinking the whole thing over.

Thank you to those who did actually answer my question.

Also thank you to SugaryLynx for the link, I will check that out, and bookmark it.
  • amberx1127
    Options
    The shakes taste great! Used to mix mine up with fruits and pb2 all the time, Had to stop though because they gave me really bad gas lol it was embarrassing
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Look people, that are just basically blasting at me for wasting my money, or that the whole marketing thing is this or that. I haven't made my decision on whether or not I will go with it or not. I'm going to take my time thinking everything over. Price, active ingredients, ect. I asked a simple question seeing if people that used the shakes actually liked them or not. Didn't want smart *kitten* comments attempting to make my thread a joke. Sorry to those who have apparently seen this topic one to many times, But when I originally searched the topic, all I saw mainly was people concerned about the price. I'm not concerned about that at the moment, like I said, I am still thinking the whole thing over.

Thank you to those who did actually answer my question.

Also thank you to SugaryLynx for the link, I will check that out, and bookmark it.
    Just don't let the gimmicky talk get to you. It's not that we've seen this topic to many times, it's that no matter how often you tell someone it's garbage and why they still drink it all in.

Eat less...that's the magic that shakeology does...It doesn't make you eat less but if they tell you to drink x many drinks and a meal well, last time i calculated it many of these diets are about 900-1200 calories. That would cause an anorexic to lose weight. Some have gained on it, simply because they've added additional food because they shakes made them hungry still...and so they had to many of them or another meal. it's not like the shake cancels out your calories or anything...it's just helping you calorie count with a very large bill attached to it.

Want something filling? Eat a chicken breast and a vitamin pill.
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    I think I'm against it, myself, because a friend of mine used them solely, got caught up selling scheme and all that. Dropped a whole bunch of weight too quickly and relapsed back with a damaged metabolism from it (according to her). It left a bitter taste in my mouth.That aside, I think any product targeted for weight loss is something shady. To me, I just figure the less I have to rely on, the better off I'll be at the end at knowing how to sustain myself. That may not be the case with shakeology but I guess just keep in mind the idea that there's no special property to them that makes them any different than just eating food.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options

OP: I drank the chocolate vegan Shakeology for 3 months. Loved it. I have Crohn's disease and during the 3 months I drank Shakeology, I didn't have to take any of my prescription drugs for my stomach. Unfortunately after 3 months, it began making me very nauseous so I stopped using it.
    so are you saying they're wonderful for 3 months and then they make you ill?? Hmm that doesn't sound like an endorsement to me
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options

so are you saying they're wonderful for 3 months and then they make you ill?? Hmm that doesn't sound like an endorsement to me

I said it made ME ill. I can't speak for everyone as everyone reacts differently. I know plenty of people who have been drinking it for 6+ months and have had no problems with it.