Canadian Thanksgiving -- tofurky recipes?

sarahliftsUP
sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
edited September 21 in Recipes
Thanksgiving in Canada is approaching quickly and I was hoping to find a yummy tofurky recipe -- or a loaf recipe -- anything really that will be appropriate for a good serving of protein with my meal.

Does anyone have an amazing recipe that they would like to share? I would be so greatful! They sell tofurky's at the grocery store, but it's $15 for one and I'll be the only one eating it since my boyfriend isn't vegetarian.

Replies

• egbkid
    egbkid Posts: 164 Member
    I have never cooked tofurky, but i would think it would be the same as a regular turkey....if so, i'd say lace it with garlic! I have cooked 4 Lb chickens and covered them with garlic powder and stuffed the cavity with a garlic clove chopped up fine.

Or, try cooking it with apples and cranberries, it would make for a tangy twist!

Enjoy, and Happy Thanksgiving! I can't wait for Sunday, dinner at my Parents' with the whole clan!
  • I make a tofurky roast every year. It is a lot for one person, but it keeps really well as left overs. You can do almost anything you would do with leftover turkey. I like to slice it for sandwiches. I've shredded it to add to soups, or just eaten it as is.

All the recipes I've used came from the tofurky website. Here's a link to the recipes...
    http://www.tofurkey.com/recipes/recipes_list.asp?RecipeSubID=1

I've cooked them using the standard instructions on the box. I've also tried the Pomegranate/Cranberry Tofurky (didn't really taste much different) and the Ginger Garlic Tofurky (I really liked that one). This year I'm thinking of trying the Roast Tofurky baked w/Caramelized Onion & Cherries. If you're buying the deluxe tofurky kit, it will come with mushroom gravy, which is pretty good. If not, the mushroom gravy on the tofurky site is good (I add Better than Boullian, Vegetarian Chicken flavor). Even the meat eaters have liked the gravy.

Out of the 6 vegetarians at our Thanksgiving table, only 3 like it. I really like it, and don't mind the leftovers, so it gets made every year.
This discussion has been closed.