Maintenance to cutting

Options
I've been eating at maintenance and succeeding in body recomposition. But, I am going on vacation in a month and would like my abs to show a little more. I'm thinking dropping from my normal 2000 a day to 1500 or 1600. Does that sound appropriate?

Replies

• Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    I've been eating at maintenance and succeeding in body recomposition. But, I am going on vacation in a month and would like my abs to show a little more. I'm thinking dropping from my normal 2000 a day to 1500 or 1600. Does that sound appropriate?

Seems reasonable. If you maintain at 2000 and are a bit active which you would need to be if you are successfully recomping your body I assume your BMR is lower than 1600?
  • Sarahliquid
    Sarahliquid Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Yeah BMR is 1319. I lift 3x per wk.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Yeah BMR is 1319. I lift 3x per wk.

Well if you have already established your maintenance with your current workouts is 2000 and your BMR is 1300 and you want to lose some weight in a cut then yeah 1600 seems like a good number to me maybe with more of your macro percentage in protein to help with satiety and ensure you are getting enough protein to sustain your weight lifting and not lose muscle.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    My personal experience has been that I can't cut as low as that since I started lifting. I'd say try it, but if you start to feel run-down don't be afraid to bump it up a little bit.
  • Sarahliquid
    Sarahliquid Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice :)