MFP says Withing > fitbit calorie adjustment

Options
jofjltncb6
jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
In a recent update, Withings added step tracking to its app. Awesome. Apparently, MFP has decided that I must certainly want to automatically start using a Withings calculation of calories instead of fitbit like I have for more than a year now. Not awesome.

Why?!? Why would MFP do this??? Oh, sure, some people might want to do that, but why in the world would it be automatic??? Seriously, why would MFP just assume this?

And how do I change it back to using the fitbit calorie adjustment, the method that works perfectly for me since I have my fitbit on all the time and I don't always have my iphone on me??? And even if this wasn't an issue, Withings hasn't perfected their background tracking yet, so it frequently stops tracking when my old iphone 4 runs low on memory.

But seriously, MFP, why??? Please stop playing in the live environment and please stop rolling out "features" without notification. It's annoying.

ETA: It's on the app, but not the website??? So now my app and website diaries aren't the same.

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    are_you_lost.jpg
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    :grumble:

ETA:

And now it's fixed.

Yay.
  • bluntlysally
    bluntlysally Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    they don't have or know good product management (which most folks don't even know what that is, but is the software world you need to to survive). they get away with it bc they are free-ish.

and yes, i know wtf i'm talking about here.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    It's back. But only yesterday, 4/18.

Why? Why does MFP think I want to use a Withings calorie adjustment on that one day? Why why why??? And how do I fix it?
  • RabbitLost
    RabbitLost Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    It's back. But only yesterday, 4/18.

Why? Why does MFP think I want to use a Withings calorie adjustment on that one day? Why why why??? And how do I fix it?

Don't you find yourself asking that a lot about MFP "enhancements"? Goodness knows I do.
  • DavPul
    Options
    they don't have or know good product management (which most folks don't even know what that is, but is the software world you need to to survive). they get away with it bc they are free-ish.

and yes, i know wtf i'm talking about here.

WTF are you talking about here?
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    I'd just like to learn that there's a hidden switch somewhere that I can flip to force it to use fitbit calorie adjustments instead of withings calorie adjustment. Sure, I could unlink withings, but then I'd lose the weight syncing.

Am I asking for too much? (Yeah, I know, I'm asking for too much.)
  • DavPul
    Options
    Unsync the fitbit then sync it again. Maybe it's LIFO.