Protein Powder question

Options
utes09
utes09 Posts: 561 Member
I have the Pure Protein frosty chocolate whey protein powder and on the jar it says you could add to foods such as oatmeal to increase the protein. Now would you add the powder to the water and oats prior to cooking (I heat mine in the microwave) or add after the oatmeal has cooked? Silly question I know....

Replies

• kimjoan
    kimjoan Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    The fact that it is telling you to add it something to increase the protein makes no sense to me - either the protein powder has adequate protein on its own or it doesn't. I use ProComplex - it is 30 grams of protein per scoop, full of flavor and I am just as satisfied if I mix it with water, fat free milk or make a smoothie out of it.
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    I can't imagine it matters all that much.
  • snowflakelaia
    Options
    Hi!

I've added it once it's cooked. you'll have to stir it well. Besides, I doubt you'll need a full scoop, otherwise you'll have to add water-milk.

It's delicious with oatmeal, you'll see!
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    The fact that it is telling you to add it something to increase the protein makes no sense to me - either the protein powder has adequate protein on its own or it doesn't. I use ProComplex - it is 30 grams of protein per scoop, full of flavor and I am just as satisfied if I mix it with water, fat free milk or make a smoothie out of it.

Its more of more options to make it taste good and they are saying to just add protein to something (not that it doenst have enough already). If you have ever had protein powder its best mixed into something
  • utes09
    utes09 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to try it! Thanks for the input!
  • TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Definitely add it to oatmeal after it's cooked! I made the mistake once of trying to cook the protein powder with the oatmeal. Not a good idea. But added after it is cooked it tastes fine. ;)
  • NinjaPrincess
    Options
    after its cooked. or try 1/4 cup quick oats, 2 tbs egg whites, 1 scoop poweder, .5 tsp baking powder and 1/2 cup water blend together in magic bullet and fry like a pancake. i add cinnamon cocoa and vanilla as well then top it with a tbs peanut butter and 1/4 cup warmed blueberries.... its a protien pancake and its heaven.
  • ejsmith7
    ejsmith7 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    after its cooked. or try 1/4 cup quick oats, 2 tbs egg whites, 1 scoop poweder, .5 tsp baking powder and 1/2 cup water blend together in magic bullet and fry like a pancake. i add cinnamon cocoa and vanilla as well then top it with a tbs peanut butter and 1/4 cup warmed blueberries.... its a protien pancake and its heaven.

That sounds great!! I'll definitely try it!! Thanks