New here...but not new to this struggle...

Options
Hello! I am a 32 year old wife and mother. I have been married for 8 (and a half( years). My husband and I have three beautiful children. God blessed us with them very quickly...child #1 was born less than a year after we were married...child #2 was born 13 months and 13 days later...child #3 was born approx. 20 months later. After the third child's birthday in March, their ages will be 7, 6, and 5! :) Only for a few months each year tho...3 months to be exact. I homeschool my children and absolutely LOVE it! I have been overweight most of my life. Most members of my family (especially on my mother's side) were/are overweight as well. Before I met my husband, I had started a weight loss program with one of those "chains" that help you to lose. At that point, I only had 80 lbs to lose, and they helped me to lose 50! I was married soon after I hit that goal, and the weight loss center was in a different town than where I lived, and the expense was too much for us. So, I still tried to keep it up, but I became pregnant after we had been married only a few months...so, that started a big downward spiral! When I was pregnant with my child, it was also discovered that I had an ovarian cyst...one so large that it had to be removed to protect the child. On the ultrasound, it started at the bottom of my stomach and went all the way up to my diaphram! Once removed, I INSTANTLY lost 15 pounds!!! There was 2.5 litres of fluid removed from the cyst. I have recently been diagnosed with PCOS, but was told that I have probably "had" it for a long time...especially considering the background. PCOS also heightens the risk for diabetes...my grandmother (on my dad's side) was diabetic...and my dad was treated for diabetes for a period of time, but has it under control for now...so, this is a real concern at this point. My hormones are so unbalanced that my cycles are very irregular, so I am on birth control, although I did have a tubal ligation after my third child was born. My mother and her mother also began menopause at an early age-35-so, the dr said that some of my hormonal problems could be peri-menopause, or beginning signs. So, I am really dealing with a LOT right now...and getting my weight under control will help a lot of those things, plus give my children more time with their mother, and a better example for their lives...and give my husband a wife for a longer time, and one that he can be "proud" of... I KNOW that anyone could die at any time, no matter the health condition, but I also know that being this overweight (120 lbs) can deprive me of years! Hope to get to know many of you...as I can...as you can guess, life is BUSY!

Replies

• ni3121
    ni3121 Posts: 9
    Options
    I hope you stay motivtaed. When I exercise, I try to remember that if I work hard, then I get results. I think this website will help you be aware of your eating habits and make you improve them. Let me know if you need any support.! Good luck.:))
  • Szycuez
    Szycuez Posts: 28
    Options
    Welcome....you have come to the right place. I have over 100 lbs to lose also, please feel free to add me. You are not in this alone.
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Hi back at ya! I've been here about a month now and LOVE IT! The people are great and super supportive. It is hard to stay focused at times....on that I agree. Sounds like you are a busy lady. I work full time on 3rd shift. (10pm to 6am) No children and a wonderful husband of 5 years this Thanksgiving. If you need a friend to talk with I am usually around. Mostly weekends but some times late afternoon too. Best Wishes!