Anyone done a cleanse?

Options

Replies

• SpencersHeart
    SpencersHeart Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I drink it work's greens everyday, also take Confianza everyday from it work's both detox. I did a 21 day cleanse called the Daniel Fast the first of Feb. and had only modified it slightly since by adding fish and eggs. I feel better than ever!!!! my rheumatologist has wanted me to do this for years. I have RA and IBS, diabetes and my labs just came back stunningly improved!!!!

Since RA is an autoimmune disorder and your Rheumatologist wanted you to do this for years...what were the toxins that a cleanse would eradicate that would improve your RA?
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I drink it work's greens everyday, also take Confianza everyday from it work's both detox. I did a 21 day cleanse called the Daniel Fast the first of Feb. and had only modified it slightly since by adding fish and eggs. I feel better than ever!!!! my rheumatologist has wanted me to do this for years. I have RA and IBS, diabetes and my labs just came back stunningly improved!!!!

I'd be extremely skeptical of any rheumatologist that suggested a cleanse. Every one I've ever seen has said that cleanses/detoxes are completely nonsense. According to them, a well balanced diet with plenty of fruits/veg and moderate exercise is the best way to go. But not because of any mythical toxins.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Ha! These posts have cracked me up, thanks guys! I'll try soap and showers ;) I thinking of trying the Ultimate Reset by beachbody. It is a cleanse that helps get rid of toxins and crap from your body and bascially resets your body and your cravings, healthy, etc...

But your crap IS the body's way of getting rid of toxins. What other "toxins" do you need to get rid of that your body doesn't do naturally?
  • cordianet
    cordianet Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Could you please name a couple of the toxins? .. or even one? You would make lots and lots of people happy on here if you could name just one toxin.

Sure, dihydrogen monoxide. 100% effective...
  • ravenarwood
    ravenarwood Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    The only cleanse I have done is the Julian Michaels Cleanse. I have done it twice in the past 10 months. It's great. At first I felt a little bloated but that went away after a day or two. Down side is it makes you pee a TON. I went on average 12 times a day. My workouts felt amazing. I would just drip sweat. Could really feel it leaving my body!
  • captainamerica52
    Options
    I've had a lot of success with this cleanse...

issues-with-soap.jpg
    :laugh:
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    if you are not sweating, pooping, and peeing..then yes, a cleanse would be beneficial ..if you are doing all three then there is no need to do a cleanse…your body naturally cleanses itself...
  • ndj1979
    Options
    The only cleanse I have done is the Julian Michaels Cleanse. I have done it twice in the past 10 months. It's great. At first I felt a little bloated but that went away after a day or two. Down side is it makes you pee a TON. I went on average 12 times a day. My workouts felt amazing. I would just drip sweat. Could really feel it leaving my body!

so you were not sweating during your workouts before the cleanse?????
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Ha! These posts have cracked me up, thanks guys! I'll try soap and showers ;) I thinking of trying the Ultimate Reset by beachbody. It is a cleanse that helps get rid of toxins and crap from your body and bascially resets your body and your cravings, healthy, etc...

ummm no it does not ..

the only thing it does is reset your wallet to zero and cleanse you of money ….
  • aryanna50
    Options
    I just finished the 7 day Nutri Clean cleanse today. It wasn't harsh at all. I just did it to jump start a weight loss regimen. My trainer recommended it to me. The hard part is finding enough vegetables that you like to eat all day and not be hungry lol... I don't know if it is all hokum but i lost 6 pounds in 7 days, I haven't had a cup of coffee in 7 days and it did help me get very "regular" lol... I'm glad did it but I am looking forward to tomorrow where I can go back to a healthy diet of eggs, fish, yogurt, chicken etc...
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    No, never have and never will. Stupid waste of money.
  • sprintto50
    sprintto50 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Only before a colonoscopy. :ohwell:
  • Shaky44
    Shaky44 Posts: 214 Member
    Options

Sure, dihydrogen monoxide. 100% effective...

That stuff is the worst. And our bodies are just FULL of it.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    I just finished the 7 day Nutri Clean cleanse today. It wasn't harsh at all. I just did it to jump start a weight loss regimen. My trainer recommended it to me. The hard part is finding enough vegetables that you like to eat all day and not be hungry lol... I don't know if it is all hokum but i lost 6 pounds in 7 days, I haven't had a cup of coffee in 7 days and it did help me get very "regular" lol... I'm glad did it but I am looking forward to tomorrow where I can go back to a healthy diet of eggs, fish, yogurt, chicken etc...

and then tomorrow you will gain back the six pounds in glycogen/water weight you "lost"….
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options

and then tomorrow you will gain back the six pounds in glycogen/water weight you "lost"….

Dammit, you beat me!
  • ndj1979
    Options

this is the only cleanse that gets my stamp of approval….
  • cordianet
    cordianet Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    My thoughts are pretty much consistent with this:
    http://www.livescience.com/35561-5-experts-answer-juice-cleanse.html
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    1) The idea that you need a cleanse or detox of any kind is ludicrous and nonsensical.

2) The idea that a special blend of foods or juices would actually cleanse or detox is even more ludicrous and nonsensical.

If you believe both that you need a cleanse, and that some special diet is going to cleanse you, then you are incredibly misinformed about biology and ignorant about the human body in general
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

I actually used to use beachbody products for a year. Used Shakeology and Chalean Extreme a LOT and loved it!! My next purchase was Ultimate Reset. I actually bought 2 packages (because of the Recurring billing.... kinda forgot to cancel it so now I have two). And I have YET to try it! I was SO SO SO excited to try it while I was waiting for it to come in the mail, but when I got it, it just seemed like I was never totally prepared to buy the ingredients and learn the process of the cleanse. I am totally 100% down to find motivated people to do it with. Maybe we could find all interested folks and create a little mini- group to help share our day to day progress?

Let me know if youre interested!!

At least *try* not to make it so obvious you're a BeachBody "coach."