Fear no Heavy lifting

Options
13»

Replies

• jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    OP, well done. Enjoy the inevitable results.

As for certain other in this thread, WTF? Stop derailing and dominating a thread in "success stories". Start your own thread.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    Not likely if you keep calling them names.

They see me. I haven't had that privilege. And maybe in time they will see positive changes on my body.
    Swimming against current is not a job for sugar babes.
    huh?
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    As for certain other in this thread, WTF? Stop derailing and dominating a thread in "success stories". Start your own thread.

This times a million.
  • One_Last_Time
    Options
    Good job. I'm still terrified. I'll get there one day.
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    OP, well done. Enjoy the inevitable results.

So much this.

OP: you are going to love the results.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    With respect, that's a load of tosh. Are you saying it would be ok to replace the word "women" with "black" or "Jewish" because one person claimed that was their experience? I hope you don't find my posts aggressive harphy, I just think the onus is on all of us to tackle discrimination when we see it, and I think that sexism harms everyone of us.

Give a lecture on discrimination to my female gym colleagues, would you? I was the first one discriminated because I dared to do what not a single woman wanted/dared/wished to do for her body/fitness/muscles/whatever. Keep in record that I live in a society where women don't lift heavy weights. They ?"#$% DON'T! It is considered shamefull, un-womanly and a big taboo. I haven't seen a single woman lift a barbell of 70 kg weight in my entire gym career. A load of tosh...yeah, right.
    Yet all the men are cool about it.

Don't worry, I'm sure it's not you, it's all of them womens.
  • beabria
    beabria Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to let you know you inspired me to finally go to the weight room at my work! I too was terrified. I was the only woman, and there were lots of stares, but I survived and will be going back. :)
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    "No need to worry about the guys they are really sweet. Women b**ches are the one that can be really mean. Sad, but true."

Why did you feel the need to hide the use of a single word when the sentiment is ten times more offensive?

Sentiment is offensive because it comes from a real experience, not presumption. For a short while I was a member of an all-women fitness and have no wish to endure icy looks and mean barbs from so-called cardio bunnies. Mind your own fat AS**S, b**tches. I like guys ten times more.

Have you considered that the problem might not be them?
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Good for you OP. Lifting is a great way to change your body composition and shape. You will see results and feel so much stronger. I love the weights.
  • TrailNurse
    TrailNurse Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Go in that weight room like you own it!!!
  • Leggo1288
    Leggo1288 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to let you know you inspired me to finally go to the weight room at my work! I too was terrified. I was the only woman, and there were lots of stares, but I survived and will be going back. :)

That's awesome! I'm going back this morning. We're in this togetha!!!
  • beautifulwarrior18
    beautifulwarrior18 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    I've been lifting since April 6 and I've already lost 3.25 inches on my body!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!