How often do you exercise?

Options
2»

Replies

• highrise
    highrise Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Cardio at the gym (1 hour) 2 or 3 times a week, Circuit training (usually one of the Jillian Michaels DVDs - 30DS or BFBM) 3 or 4 days for 25-45 mins, and Pilates (25 mins) 5 or 6 days a week. On average it's 45 mins per day over the week. I also walk pretty much everywhere but don't log that.
  • MichelleFirestone
    MichelleFirestone Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I walk at least 30 min a day. and then every other day, I try to do something else in addition for at least 30 min. like the elliptical, or riding bike. cardio. But I'm only averaging 1lb a week as well. The more weight I lose, the slower it seems to come off.
  • daniface
    daniface Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    5 days a week religiously...but sometimes on the weekend if I can fit something in....dont think 12 oz curls count for the weekend do they?

hahahah sure they do

5 times a week...i usually go for a run 3 times a week, yoga once a week, and something else the other day
  • kappy2010
    Options
    As others have said, exercise is very addicting! I love to exercise, and I try to get in 45 minutes and up to 2 hours a day. Most of the longer sessions are slower yoga sessions.

I have a cousin who is a physical therapist. Her focus in college and her masters was in sports therapy, so she knows a good bit about how to get fit. She told me "to see the best results, you need to rest 1-2 days a week." I, personally, don't like to rest. BUT if I do take a rest day, I try to clean house vigorously or fold clothes and move around, play with my dog for a while (like chasing him around then he chases me around :)), and I love to dance and act like a fool! My husband thinks it's funny, so it's entertainment for him as well!

If you can't get a structured exercise in 6 days a week, try to get off the couch and clean or something you enjoy just to get moving!
  • kappy2010
    Options
    I am taekwondo 3 to 4 times per week..for 1 hour & 15 mins each time
    I walk approx 4 times per week, 3 km each time
    And I do Jillian's 30 day shred 1 or 2 times per week

So I am doing something pretty much every day..occassionally I will take a day off from either my walk or the shred.

Do you find the 30 day shred to work well for you? I have the DVD, and I love doing TurboJam and the Biggest Loser DVD's, but I haven't gotten around to trying the 30 day shred yet.
  • army_munchkin
    Options
    I try to train every day, but at least 5-6 times a week. I like to call my exercise sessions "training" because the phase "working out" associates my brain with WORK which I associate with a negative emotion. Getting healthy and fit should not be work. Anyway..............ran 3 miles this morning in the rain........felt soooooo good i intend to eat a banana this afternoon instead of the doughnut that i really want!!! YAY me!
  • Fit4Penny
    Fit4Penny Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I do cardio 5-6 days a week for at least 45 minutes. I switch between the Elliptical, treadmill and at home DVDs. I am just starting to incorporate strength training and plan to do this 2-3 times a week.
  • nick1109
    nick1109 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I do 10-15 minutes of HIT strength training every 4 days.