Need motivation and encouragement

Options
Drezgirl
Drezgirl Posts: 25 Member
I am on a long overdue journey to a healthier me. I have just not been feeling like myself these past few weeks and I know it is because of my weight gain. I have to start putting myself first and get my head in the game. I just get so discouraged when I am putting a lot of time and effort into it, and I do not see results. I have to keep reminding myself that this transformation will not happen over night...but it is very trying at times...:yawn:

Replies

• rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    When a diet won't cut it anymore, its time for a lifestyle change. Eat healthier foods, eat less food or at a deficit and throw some exercise in. If you are honest, have discipline and log everything, it has to work! Don't get all down or beat yourself up over a bad day, just get back on the horse and ride.
  • pompomcarla
    Options
    You need to remember that you deserve to be healthy and feel good about yourself. You probably give so much time to other people so it's good that you are putting yourself first. Invest in some equipment if circumstances allow for it, maybe just and exercise mat to start off with. Take photos through out the journey on your phone, I've found you do actually notice results more than just using your memory. You can do it! :smile:
  • Drezgirl
    Drezgirl Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thanks girl!! I needed those kind words!! :smile:
  • AmyBecky74
    AmyBecky74 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I joined here in 2012 and lost 30 lbs which was my goal but since them I have gained it all back :angry: and I am so over it. I am ready to get back to being the healthier me. I could really use some support and would love to support you through this. I have been through the ups and downs so no judgement from me just support on this hard journey.