Ladies Only

candacepainter
candacepainter Posts: 115
edited September 22 in Health and Weight Loss
Okay so this week I have done really good exercising and eating well but i have gained 5lbs! I was wondering is it possible to gain weight when your ovulating?

Replies

• MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    sure is! Ovulation time grants a few extra pounds to some/most women.
  • Very possible to gain weight throughout your cycle from water retention. Right before my TOM I will pack on 3-5 pounds.. so frustrating.. but it goes away once TOM gets here. Horomones do weird things! :)
  • boogie17
    boogie17 Posts: 103 Member
    Yes, you do gain weight.
  • MichelleFirestone
    MichelleFirestone Posts: 212 Member
    The week before my period shows up, I usually gain 2-3lbs. and once it's over, the weight goes back down. lovely yo-yo every month!
  • Thank goodness...I have been freaking out!:noway:
  • Yes... But also keep in mind that if you're ovulating ... Does that mean that TOM is hiding around the corner .... Or just left? That adds water weight as well ... of course.
  • OMG I am soooo happy but i am due on in a few days (weird ref happiness I know lol) and have found I have put on 3 lbs recently. I thought it was because it has just been my birthday and I have over eaten slightly (ok a lot haha), but you ladies have made me feel loads better. I thought my weight gain was just because I was being a glutton recently but perhaps not - YIPPEEE! :)
  • wiseg2
    wiseg2 Posts: 210 Member
    Yes. It ballooned my weight up by 2.6 lbs this week and I'm feeling very bloated and crampy. My body does weird things when I ovulate.
This discussion has been closed.