Starting again.

Options
ga3873
ga3873 Posts: 10 Member
Hi all,

I've had an on again / off again relationship with MFP over the last few years and have only just realised this forum was here...

40 yrs old and overweight most of my life, I got down to 94kg during a separation but soon hit about 130-135 kg at my heaviest and I got low enough to end up having a lap and several years ago - it worked initially but unfortunately without any further guidance or support from the doctor has basically not been all that was promised. So I have pretty much given up on it because while I can't enjoyable eat steak and breads etc... I can still down a large bag of twisties or a block of chocolate with any effort or issues or batting an eyelid!

Anyway, November last year I decided to start walking for an hour every morning and slowly saw a shift.
I then started riding my old pushy and started riding every second day.

About a month ago I bought myself a new road bike and ride 20 -25 klm's most days before work and love it.

I travel a bit for work which can make things hard food wise and because of that there is a bit of ebb and flow.

MFP app is fantastic for helping me keep track of everything and have found that if I am not religiously updating it I soon go off the rails.

Anyway just thought I'd say g'day and look forward to the motorvational from everyone else's stories!

G

Replies

• SimplySmylin
    SimplySmylin Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I find keeping track of everything I put in my mouth has helped me a lot. I wish you luck on your journey. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • ga3873
    ga3873 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks!