Question about Work and exercise...

Options
So I work at McDonald's, (4-5 days a week) bout 3-6 hr shifts.... I'm constantly running around back and forth and lifting heavy stuff,... does that count as exercise for the day? Or would that be included in my daily deficit,.. I put I'm lightly active,.... but the only exercise I really get it at work or if I go for a walk to grab a coffee, etc.... And please, no rude comments, just actually curious, I have a learning disability, so I'm not sure how this works....

-Mike

Replies

• rbiss
    rbiss Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    If you put lightly active, then MFP should give you a calorie target including the activity you do at work. As long as you are eating at your target, you will not need to work out to loose weight. However, working out will increase the amount of calories you will burn, and you can enter the workout into MFP and it will increase your calorie target. Working out is great for weight loss and I highly recommend it.
  • MPJ737
    MPJ737 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Okay, well, my target is around 1500 cal/day, when I work should I put in the exercise calories? or no?
  • Murph1908
    Murph1908 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Since you put in Lightly Active, don't put any exercise in for your work.

You can put in any additional exercise you do, like a walk, sports, or other workout, whenever you do it.