I feel stupid...

Options
I thought I would treat myself for eating so well this week so I stopped at McDonalds
this morning.
I ordered a McSkillet burrito, hash brown and medium orange juice.
Well, I didn't realize that I just ate HALF MY CALORIES for the day!:noway:

Now I feel like crap and it's Friday. Oh well.

Replies

• jfiscer
    jfiscer Posts: 24
    Options
    I thought I would treat myself for eating so well this week so I stopped at McDonalds
    this morning.
    I ordered a McSkillet burrito, hash brown and medium orange juice.
    Well, I didn't realize that I just ate HALF MY CALORIES for the day!:noway:

Now I feel like crap and it's Friday. Oh well.
  • AlbertSchwartz
    Options
    We all need our junk food fixes, don't fret, just hit the gym and you'll be fine.

:happy:

Al
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    More exercises for you! :ohwell: :laugh: I hope you at least enjoyed it. Don't be too hard on yourself. I think most if not all of us give in to temptation now and then. Good luck to you. :flowerforyou:
  • may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    hello there,

i've done that mistake before, were i though that i am doing well at eating the rights thing/portion/excersice and then reward myself with bad food.. witch defeats the whole purpose and undone all my work.. so i though it out and decided to threat myself with something else then food. like buying myself flowers (love fresh flowers) or have a nice bath, or buy a good book, or new clothes or invite friends over for an evening, watch a good movie. ect ect ect....

find your thing,,,, its hard, but i think the best thing is to get off the mind set were food is a reward, food is fuel for you body.

hope you find yourself something you really like (beside food) :laugh:
    good luck !!
    :flowerforyou:
    may
  • 5KNohno
    5KNohno Posts: 503
    Options
    hello there,

i've done that mistake before, were i though that i am doing well at eating the rights thing/portion/excersice and then reward myself with bad food.. witch defeats the whole purpose and undone all my work.. so i though it out and decided to threat myself with something else then food. like buying myself flowers (love fresh flowers) or have a nice bath, or buy a good book, or new clothes or invite friends over for an evening, watch a good movie. ect ect ect....

find your thing,,,, its hard, but i think the best thing is to get off the mind set were food is a reward, food is fuel for you body.

good luck !!
    may

Great ideas!:smile:
  • jfiscer
    Options
    thank you all for your encouragement!
    And thank you May for reminding me that food is fuel, not a reward.
  • neverbeenskinny
    neverbeenskinny Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    We are do this every once in a while, if it's not McD's then its a piece of cake or candy bar, or what ever our weakness is. Don't worry about it, just make sure that you work out and burn some of those calories off and you'll be fine. :flowerforyou:
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    awww its all good, once in awhile we do slip up....but I like that one food is fuel...trying to learn that myself!

I think it would motivate me to get out and gain some calories back by doing some big time exercising...and then choosing healthy foods to finish up my day! You'll be just fine!

big hugs!
    ali
  • charny164
    charny164 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Hey don't feel bad, it happens to all of us. My only suggestion is don't reward your good eating habits with bad ones. Give yourself a treat forsure, but change it in your head as just a treat because you need a treat.
    :drinker:
  • jenken99
    jenken99 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    ya every one needs a treat every once in a while:drinker:
  • jfiscer
    Options
    Okay, I made up for my "treat" this morning.
    I walked 1 mile to and from Subway for lunch today.
    After eating and adding my walking time, I still have
    half of my calories left for the day! I feel alot better now.
    Thanks again for the encouragement guys!:happy:
  • may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    hello there,

good luck !!
    may

Great ideas!:smile:

yeah, now i've signed up for shoppolic programs :laugh:

thats sounds good jfiscer :smile:
  • mkeithley
    mkeithley Posts: 399
    Options
    We are do this every once in a while, if it's not McD's then its a piece of cake or candy bar, or what ever our weakness is. Don't worry about it, just make sure that you work out and burn some of those calories off and you'll be fine. :flowerforyou:
    ABSOLUTELY TRUE!!!! I had a chocolate cupcake WITH FROSTING today(they were homemade what's a hormonal girl to do?:laugh: ) You have to allow yourself to eat of your plan once in awhile.
    Personally, I'm a tightwad and i don't like blowing $ on crap food, if I'm going to spend $ on food it's going to be something really worth it, like sushi, godiva chocolates or crablegs:happy:

DOn't be so hard on yourself, allow yourself to be less than perfect once in awhile:flowerforyou: