New to site need support

Options
Hi,
My name is Roxane I am 50 years old and am tired of the yo-yo weight. I do all right with the exercise portion of the weight loss plan as I go to curves 3 days a week, go for walks and chase after my 3 year old granddaughter. My problem is the eating protion. I need to find someone I can be accountable to so that I will stay on track with my eating. I have tried the eat more and work out more and did not lose any weight at all. I have tried the eat less and work out more and did not lose any weight. If anyone has any tips to share I would greatly appriciate it.

Replies

• mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome. I would love to help in any way I can. So far I have lost 6 lbs here. It helps to stay on track when there are others that are with you. Tip #1 no eating after 5 pm. That one was my biggest help when I was on 1st shift. Now am on third. so my rule now is no eating heavy before bed. That and eating several smaller meals.
  • roxanea
    roxanea Posts: 59
    Options
    Wish I could go with the no eating after five. My daughter does not pick my granddaughters up until around that time and then it is off to curves for my work out three days a week. Most of my evening meals are not until around 6:30 or 7:00. I do try to keep those meals light and eat my biggest meal around noon if possible.
  • guidosgal
    guidosgal Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Hi

Hope you are getting ready to concur the world on this site. I will tell you with some strong determination and the will to succeed you will go far. I have done well by logging all my food. It helps to do it before you eat it (you will be surprise how many calories are in things) I check,check and recheck the calorie content because they are not always accurate on the site. I am not a big exercise person (very hard to fit it in most days) . I work out abit with my WII (too much fun) I started by calorie level at 1200 but after a few weeks I discovered that it was far to low so I brought it up to 1430 and I lose 1 pound a week almost like clockwork. I hit the wall a couple times and did not lose for the week then the following week it got its MoJo back and off it came. I can tell you that I do budget for a treat ( I love Yoplait delights chocolate raspberry) There is a really good web site hungry girl.com tons of recipes for some yummy food (one of my favs is chicken cordon blu ) I really began to have more energy at about 20 pounds off. It is funny because the body changes slowly but its cool to discover all the new things that you have (or to be more exact the things you don’t have) like one less roll on your tummy or hey I forgot I have dimples in my cheeks Again you can do it just hang in there an be patient.
    Pam :heart:
  • JayneWilson1963
    JayneWilson1963 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I have been on MFP for 3 months, starting my 4th. It's the best decision I have made in many years. I have lost weight with diets many times before, but it was never a lifestyle change. This time is different; it's a lifestyle change, not a diet. Good luck on your weight loss journey. Please feel free to add me as a friend; we can help motivate each other.
  • joycelose20
    Options
    Hi I'm Joyce I just joined today. Hopefully I can figure how to do this. i am not computer literate. Any help would be great. I think it would help me a lot to be accountable to someone or something.