In need of friends! (:

Options
Well hello! I recently joined this site and need some friends! I'm hoping to lose around 40lbs. Hope this site works! (:

Replies

• sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome you'll like it here you can add me as a friend I have 3xs as much as you to lose so i'm not leaving anytime soon
  • sonniepcb
    Options
    i signed up today and am trying to recruit people that will hold me accountable for weight loss. I want to lose 20 lbs by xmas. :) its only 2 lbs per week. I am strugging to find time to work out since I am a single mom and no one to watch my son for me for a bit after daycare/work.
  • carrie145
    carrie145 Posts: 297
    Options
    Hi! I joined last week and I lost one pound my first week. Keeping track of what you eat and how much exercise you get really helps! Good luck! You can add me as your friend if you like..
  • danacriley
    Options
    Hey - i started a few weeks ago on dropped 10 by just logging and watching cals with hardly any working out during that time. i have babysitting probs 2. look @ my profile and feel free to send a friend request.... :smooched:
  • carrie145
    Options
    I set that 20 pounds by Christmas goal for myself in early September. So far I have lost 6 pounds! Good luck!
  • klwatkins
    klwatkins Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the adds! Any advice? (:
  • carrie145
    Options
    Just make sure you keep track of EVERYTHING you eat. That was my biggest problem. Once I got on MFP and started logging my food, I really started paying attention to what I was eating. I have made a big improvement in my eating habits in only one week..
  • lilbear911
    Options
    Feel free to add me! :) Good luck!!
  • guidosgal
    guidosgal Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Hi

Hope you are getting ready to concur the world on this site. I will tell you with some strong determination and the will to succeed you will go far. I have done well by logging all my food. It helps to do it before you eat it (you will be surprise how many calories are in things) I check,check and recheck the calorie content because they are not always accurate on the site. I am not a big exercise person (very hard to fit it in most days) . I work out abit with my WII (too much fun) I started by calorie level at 1200 but after a few weeks I discovered that it was far to low so I brought it up to 1430 and I lose 1 pound a week almost like clockwork. I hit the wall a couple times and did not lose for the week then the following week it got its MoJo back and off it came. I can tell you that I do budget for a treat ( I love Yoplait delights chocolate raspberry) There is a really good web site hungry girl.com tons of recipes for some yummy food (one of my favs is chicken cordon blu ) I really began to have more energy at about 20 pounds off. It is funny because the body changes slowly but its cool to discover all the new things that you have (or to be more exact the things you don’t have) like one less roll on your tummy or hey I forgot I have dimples in my cheeks :bigsmile: Again you can do it just hang in there an be patient.
    Pam :flowerforyou:
  • st27
    st27 Posts: 101
    Options
    Hello there. Welcome... we have been waiting for you. Hope you find everything you need here. Just ask if you need more help. Please add me to your list. thanks. tc. good luck.
  • chichi1967
    Options
    Hi my real name is Lynda...I have the same weight to lose. I started this 8/16 & already lost 9 lbs. My food diary is public if you want ideas..I eat little meals all day. If you want to send me a friend request.

Great Luck to You
    Lynda
  • Lovey14
    Lovey14 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey..I just started a little over a week ago and have already lost a pound. I love this site but people have to remember its not always just about calorie intake you have to also watch what you eating. Just because 2 things have the same calories think about which will make you feel more full and won't give you cravings for more. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!1

FEEL FREE TO ADD ME!
  • JayneWilson1963
    JayneWilson1963 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I have been on MFP for 3 months, starting my 4th. It's the best decision I have made in many years. I have lost weight with diets many times before, but it was never a lifestyle change. This time is different; it's a lifestyle change, not a diet. Good luck on your weight loss journey. Please feel free to add me as a friend; we can help motivate each other.
  • goron59
    goron59 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!

Best tip I can offer (and echoed elsewhere here) is to record everything honestly. If you have an iPhone/Android phone, use the free app to record things.

Generally though, be happy with your goals. Push yourself enough to make it achievable, but not so high you risk giving up. For me, motivation was an issue, so I set my goals relatively low, but I *am* losing the weight slowly and steadily and I'm a happier bunny for it :-)