Hello all!!

Options
Hi there! I'm Gina and so happy I've found this site. I can tell I'm going to be up all night reading the message boards!! I'm 43, live in Philadelphia and engaged to a great guy! I am self employed (which means I'm home near the fridge a LOT!), do stand up comedy (which means beer and bar food), and am gearing up for Roller Derby training (yes ay my 'advanced' age!!!). I'm a vegetarian (and an Aquarius for that matter).

I want to lose 40 pounds by next summer....which, for once, is an attainable goal. I usually want to lose that in two months, then when I don't, hellooooooo ice cream!! I'm also a bit of an emotional eater, so if I'm stressed, it's chocolate city.

I basically would like to connect with people who are supportive with this whole long process of getting in shape....and from the looks of it, I've found the right place.

My short term goal is to drink more water. Some days I drink none, but now I'm taking it with me everywhere and really making it not an option to drink anything else. I have found that adding just a sprinkle of propel powder makes the water taste juuuust good enough that I want to guzzle it all down!!

Okay, I've rambled enough! Good luck to all!!

Replies

• JayneWilson1963
    JayneWilson1963 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I have been on MFP for 3 months, starting my 4th. It's the best decision I have made in many years. I have lost weight with diets many times before, but it was never a lifestyle change. This time is different; it's a lifestyle change, not a diet. Good luck on your weight loss journey. Please feel free to add me as a friend; we can help motivate each other.
  • kimm08
    kimm08 Posts: 8
    Options
    hello everyone! this is a great site so far i like it! hopefully it gives me the motivation i need. i dont have the time for meetings and expensive gym memberships. so i am jogging 1 mile in the morning, drinking more water and tracking my foods! which is a reality check to how many calories are really consumed in one day, good grief!! lol. add me as a friend i just joined today!
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hi! And welcome to MFP. Losing 40 lbs by next summer is doable. MFP will help you to make lifestyle changes. Here you will find the tools and support you need to succeed. You are right, this is not just for a month or two, this is for good! Good luck on your journey!

Fab:heart: