curious..how much...

Haileyybrookee
Haileyybrookee Posts: 14 Member
edited September 22 in Health and Weight Loss
weight did everyone lose in their first month of being on mfp? I've only lost 2 pounds so far.. i'm just curious if anyone else had a slow start. thanks!

Replies

• Innerglow
    Innerglow Posts: 1,074 Member
    I think I lost close to 15 in my first month but I also had and still have a lot to lose. The less weight you have to lose the slower it comes off.
  • ahsongbird
    ahsongbird Posts: 712 Member
    I had about 70 -80 to lose so I lost about 15 in the first month, mostly from water probably.
  • Lost three but I am finding that the 1200 is a little too much on the calorie side for me to lose more than about a lb a week. I have dropped mine back to 1000 to 1100 and I do exercise (not running a marathon) but I do get on the elliptial at least 5 times a week over the past two weeks. Everyone is so different and we all may not lose on a 1200 cal diet. I did not consume alot before....but I shot myself in the foot by not eatting enough and not enough fluids. Keep your head up and keep pushing. It will come off. Are you doing any weight training or leg lifts and stuff?
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    I lost 4, but I KNOW the first 2 were water, because I threw out my salt shaker and like within 48hrs was down 2 lbs. The rest of the month was 2 lbs.

Sometimes start offs are tricky- try actively cutting down your sodium? Either way, stick with it- It's like any other plateau- patience will triumph!
  • 10 pounds :D I am loving this site!
  • I am only 2 & 1/2 weeks in and I am down 12 pounds. However, I have made some drastic changes in my diet & exercise. Also I am doing a VLCD so even though MFP tells me I can have like 1200 calories a day I am eating 600-800 calories a day. Check out my food diary if you'd like, I'm not starving by any means -- just choosing low cal foods that are high fiber and high protein.
    :smile:
    Best of luck on your weight loss.... remember not to compare yourself to others, stay focused, positive, and diligent.
  • Haileyybrookee
    Haileyybrookee Posts: 14 Member
    I'm getting back in to exercising and weight training and stuff. Yes, I definetly need patience and will get through this! LOL! Does any one know of any tips to kick start weight loss/metabolism?
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    You could add natural diuretics into your diet- have grapes as your fruits and leeks incorporated into your veggies (it's a good season for potato &leek soup) If you do this make sure you get a little more water than you typically do- they can dehydrate. Another thing you can do is move more of your calories to earlier in the day 40-30-30 division of calories (or 30-10-25-10-25 - to include snacks) Eating more in the morning/early afternoon gives you more waking time to burn them off.

Good Luck! Add me if you're looking for more support/friends
  • Also has to do with how much weight you need to loose to get to your ideal. Its a lot easier on a good diet to drop 20 starting from 300 lbs than from 200.
This discussion has been closed.