Whats the problem with deadlifting?

Options
13»

Replies

• Luke_Luke_Luke
    Options
    Im going to find out, I think there will probably be some kind of fee and what have you...
    Might be worth it considering the workouts you're missing out on while you're still there!

thanks for the FR btw :)
  • Shawshankcan
    Shawshankcan Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I know Gold's gym here does not allow deadlifting it may be different in other areas. My husband got out our old bench press bar and weights, I would like to invest in something newer however. Money is a bit tight but eventually, yes, I will have a very nice home gym and won't need a membership to a wimpy gym that only allows certain exercises. I think this gym caters more to newbies which I was but I have actual fitness goals and enjoy changing up my routine and I don't want to do the same five exercises everyday.

@Lofteren I would like to see some of those pictures when you get a chance, PM me, thanks!

Why newer? Unless you are going from standard to olympic.
  • LovenderNurse
    LovenderNurse Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I know Gold's gym here does not allow deadlifting it may be different in other areas. My husband got out our old bench press bar and weights, I would like to invest in something newer however. Money is a bit tight but eventually, yes, I will have a very nice home gym and won't need a membership to a wimpy gym that only allows certain exercises. I think this gym caters more to newbies which I was but I have actual fitness goals and enjoy changing up my routine and I don't want to do the same five exercises everyday.

@Lofteren I would like to see some of those pictures when you get a chance, PM me, thanks!

Why newer? Unless you are going from standard to olympic.

Well the one I have now has electric tape thats wearing away around the center for starters, it's a little bit beat up lol. But it works (for now). Plus I want something that can be a little more versatile, more weights, and I need a rack.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    because they interrupt the naps and texting being taken on the leg press machine
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    The gym I was going to banned these too :/ plus loads of boys curling in the squat rack. I kit out the garage - it has more than paid for itself. Use your hubby's stuff till you can replace it, get a squat rack or powercage and buy plates as you go.

You never need to wait for the squat rack again, it's closer and you can go whenever you like :)