My Resolve Waivers

Options
So I don't share much.. but this will definitely be a step in the right direction.... I hope.

My GF and I have been desperately trying to loose weight to get to the fitness level we want to be at for our future together..... I am sadly a Carb-o-holic... I love them, chips especially... I can't say no.... it baffles me how I let myself do it and at the same time I feel good when I do... then afterwards about 90% of the time I feel aweful that comes with Reflux..... I am at 250lbs and have been there for about 5 or 6 years now.. I was about 30lbs heavier till I met my GF and stayed away from Fast Food.

At any rate I find it so hard to do what I want to do. She and I were doing the Jillian Michaels plan up until we moved this past August since thing I haven't been to the gym to continue my workouts and at the same time I see friends of mine that are at the weight or fitness level that I want to be at and I envy it.... Its like I self Sabatoge myself and it just leaves me in the dust.... How do I get past it? I know what I need to do but how do I get myself to do it and stick.

The last time that I lost this weight was when I did weight watchers and lost about 50lbs. I felt awesome then... I was at 220lbs... but I want to get under that.... maybe even under 200lbs.

-Nick

Replies

• tummer
    tummer Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Remember you don't have to stay away from the things you love just don't eat them every day. And when you do have them only eat a small handful. Tell yourself you don't have to eat much of them becuase they will be there tomorrow!!! I also try to find a replacement for what I like. Sometimes I just like the crunch of a chip, so I went and got some dehydrated vegs. they are better then I thought they would be and a lot less cals. Anyway, good luck!
  • Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I understand... I'm a carboholic too. I cannot control myself with potato chips, so I just simply do not buy them. If I dont have them in the house I wont eat them. Try getting some 100 calorie packs of microwave popcorn, and when that salty carb craving hits, have a bag. It's automatically portion controlled... so you cant go over. It helps me!
  • jharris9
    Options
    Oh I have done the weight watchers and lost about the same as you. I was a new mom and had a lot to lose. It is so easy to fall into a rut when the one thing that gives you comfort is (should I dare use a four letter word) FOOD!!!!! I am also a carb freak but mine is pasta pasta pasta oh and did I mention pasta.. I have gotten in the way and have went up and down ten pounds until I was sick to death of it. Anyway a couple weeks ago I started talking to my cousin who is up north and she tried this site and told me about it. I checking it out and hit the ground running. No rhyme or reason as to why I chose that day just said OK. I litterally take it one day at a time. What I do today does not roll over into tomorrow. I start with a clean slate and don't give myself the excuse of well you worked out "yesterday" you can have today off. Or you ate a salad for lunch so goooo ahead and have that cake. I have to break it down by day, by meal, by moment. I know it is tough or we would all be rock stars but it is attainable..... I am a 37 year old mother of 1, full time career woman, blah blah blah. I have chosen to give myself the same care I put into everything and everyBODY else.

I wish I could say there is a miracle jump start but I don't believe there is one. Just believe you are worth it....

Me