CALLING ALL PARENTS!

Options
2»

Replies

• deanna418
    deanna418 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Hello! I would really appreciate it if you could answer the questions bellow. I need them to complete an assignment for my College of Education and really need the input! Thanks ahead of time!

1. How do you feel about your child's school? I feel that the school my child attends keeps him safe and the teachers have been doing their job well. He is 11 and hasn't complained about any of them. I wish they had more time for lunch due to him saying that between the long lines to get food/check out he has 5min. to eat. Other then that no complaints.
    2. How do you find out about the activities and decisions of your school? The school sends home flyers with our child but unfortunately he doesn't always give them to use. The school district will also call/text our phones and leave messages; this has been very helpful. Teachers have our email addresses and they are able to send us an email to let us know what is going on in their classroom.
    3. Do you think that the school strives to meet the needs of its students? Is it successful in this venture? Yes I feel that his school strives to meet his needs as a gifted child. He is currently in the 6th grade and he was able to take the gifted class, IMPACT. He is also in an advanced math and English class.
    4. Do you feel welcome at the school? Yes I feel welcomed. I haven't had to go to school very often but when I have all the staff has been very friendly and welcoming.
    5. What changes need to be made at the school? Mainly lunch time and also they are not able to carry backpacks; they can only carry string backpacks in the hallways during school hours. My son has broken many of them!
    6. What are the strengths and weaknesses of communication from the school? I feel his school communicates fairly well. They send home flyers, access to email, and they also will call.
    7. What do you think would improve your child's education? I feel as a parent of a gifted child his school needs to offer more advanced classes not just in English and math.
    8. What are your plans for your child's future? I hope to see my son attend the college of his choice and begin a successful career in whatever makes him happy. Right now he is aiming to be a surgeon!
    9. How can the school help achieve that goal? I believe if teachers/counselors will lead him in the right direction he will be able to achieve whatever he wants to. My husband and I also feel the need to lead him in the right direction because it's not only up to the school staff to do so.

My son is in the 6th grade and he has been in our school districts gifted/talented program since he was in the 3rd grade! Thank you for posting!